•  

Thread: best air suspension

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

best air suspension

i want to put air suspensions on my 2006 aveo ls but cant find any. can someone suggest a place that i can purchase from.

im new to car modding and im starting to get into it.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I know there's no air suspension kit for our Aveo's. If there's any, you need to do some serious fabrications.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the back could be just a bag set up in place of the stock spring. I would cut the upper mount flat..

For the front, I would go with this set up:

https://www.urotuning.com/products/7...hoCw3IQAvD_BwE

Do the mods necessary for fitting the VW struts.

That would be a killer set up with the right management.

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      fire stone coil rite air bags are made to fit within the spring, look 'em up... thats the setup used currently for me on the rear only, h&r springs with the airbags inside, been running this setup for 5 years and running now, i won't own a car without this cheap mod on the rears ever again
      Last edited by northguest47; 06-21-2019 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks
      Bags lol jk, Im static
      Name:  20190620_071112.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  323.3 KB

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      Melveo, are you putting forth the argument that no suspension is the best race setup I wonder to myself. I have run the aveo on no suspension for a bit, it was 'really good at roundabouts' but not the comfort scenario if any.

If I were to have air suspension done again propa' it would have a 'no suspension' setting like a clamp of some sort. But I got into all this rear suspension because of towing heavy 1400lb 180lb tongue weight trailers, not handling specifically.

But either way the dang air bags work their magic don't they. Do it, you won't regret it.
      When you shove an airbag into a spring you have semi-adjustable pre-load suspension.

this is on topic for tobyjose who posts i think:

at 5psi the airbags are nothing
      at about 7-11 psi the airbags start 'doing stuff' to the rear with the cargo
      at about 22 psi it just feels like there is no suspension

i pump up the airbags manually with a tire gauge and a mini bicycle pump that fit in the aveos glove box

it takes about 30 seconds to pump up or adjust an airbag depending upon its demand for the occasion
      Last edited by northguest47; 06-21-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by northguest47 View Post
      Melveo, are you putting forth the argument that no suspension is the best race setup I wonder to myself. I have run the aveo on no suspension for a bit, it was 'really good at roundabouts' but not the comfort scenario if any.

If I were to have air suspension done again propa' it would have a 'no suspension' setting like a clamp of some sort. But I got into all this rear suspension because of towing heavy 1400lb 180lb tongue weight trailers, not handling specifically.

But either way the dang air bags work their magic don't they. Do it, you won't regret it.
      When you shove an airbag into a spring you have semi-adjustable pre-load suspension.

this is on topic for tobyjose who posts i think:

at 5psi the airbags are nothing
      at about 7-11 psi the airbags start 'doing stuff' to the rear with the cargo
      at about 22 psi it just feels like there is no suspension

i pump up the airbags manually with a tire gauge and a mini bicycle pump that fit in the aveos glove box

it takes about 30 seconds to pump up or adjust an airbag depending upon its demand for the occasion
      Surprisingly i actually have a good ride quailty. I use nissan s13 coilovers up front so i have adjustable valving 20k swifts and i still use the mk1 rear struts with 20k 326power spring combo. I drive this thing everywhere up and down the east coast. My finacee, me tools, jack spare. Its built to roadtrip this height. Hit a bump, one bounce and it settles. It use to be really bouncy on the mk2 set up. I dont every tow so i could understand the need for air. I have a big lifted jeep so thats the tow pig. Follow me on Instagram for some rollers of how smooth it is.
      Im sure some 17x8 would make it a great autocross car (lots of backroad racing before becoming a stancy boy) but i love running the 17x9s stock body

Last edited by Melveo; 06-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.