•  

Thread: 17" with Rubber Road haz. mount ..................

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

17" with Rubber Road haz. mount ..................

ok so i go to Chatsworth tire in CA to get my friends truck FJ Crusier he got adjustable coil overs for his fronts. while i was there i talked to BOB the owner of the place he looked at my 2004 Chevy Aveo sadan and said i can get these really Cool 17" Rims called Ginsu Black with a chrome ninja star looking insurt and thank god it don't spin (Don't know the name of the maker) he would give me name brand tires mounted allignment and insurance for nails and road hazards Life time of the tires all for $915.00 is there a site i can see what the rims look like on the aveo before i buy? if i get the name and everything (I got it in the car) and is $915 for all that a good deal? i know i will never make my Aveo fast but i would like it to look cool. also how much would i lose in fuel milage?

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      $915 is about the average to low end price for an upgrade to 17"s with tires, mine were $1100 cause they are good wheels. But to be honest I would be concerened if HE tells you what you should have on your car.

Wheels are a thing you get and you have to stick with your decision for as long as you have your car so you have to be absolutely certain you will never have buyers remorse or you will hate getting in your car every day.

Did he pressure you to get those wheels? Did he try to get you interested by saying he would give you those extra coverages if you bought them in a certain amount of time?

The place I got my wheels said all wheels purchased get lifetime tire repairs for flats, damage ect, and life time rotations. ANY REPUTABLE seller *should* balance your wheels before putting them on your car period.

Also find out what tires he will give you, "name brand" doesn't mean anything in tires because they are all made the same, what varies is the tread, how it repells water, how well it wears out, traction and heat management, ask him what tires they are (Brand and model) and search for reviews on google, there are tons of places that give reviews on all sorts of tires. This is just my opinion but I'm in love with the Kumho Ecsta ASX tires.

Also, be a smart consumer and do some research, find out what brand and model the wheels are, as well as brand and model of the tires, and search for prices on both seperately. If the price he is offering you $200 or more than the best deal you find online, get away asap.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      he gave me a bunch to look at i just picked this one type that was cool i said how much i wanted to spend and didn't want to go over he gave me a quote that was the Bomb i think the retail price was $1400.00 just for the rims alone so everything was $915.00 for me in his quote to me. i think its a good deal but i really want to know a place i can photoshop or some one that can photoshop the wheels on the car so i can see what it looks like.

Thanks
      Try this site. there's a link on the front page to the app
      http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

Thanks
      Ooh that guy is a liar liar pants on fire!

Think about it, why would a set of wheels that cost $1400 alone be sold by him for only $915 with tires? Looks to me like he is blowing up the price just to "mark it down" to make it look like you are saving money.

Being a smart shopper requires you to think opposite of what they tell you. A business must sell stuff to make money right? In order to make money, they first have to sell stuff at the price they bought it (tires cost them $200 to buy), so they sell to you for $250, they get $200 back to buy more and they get $50 in profit. So, He is charging $915 for the set up, but then at means the real price for all of that is under $915, so your job is to find out how much they REALLY cost before he adds his mark up. My guess is that it costs him about $800 to $850 for both the wheels and tires, the tires probably cost between $100-$200 so that leaves $600-$700 for the wheels alone. Pretty big difference from $1400 to $600-700 huh?

Its a classic move to try pressuring you to impulse buy, trying to make you think that you HAVE to get it now before someone else takes it.

Although what I said above is just MY opinion, what I know is that sellers hope that you don't think, you just buy. They dont want you to think because then they have to work harder to sell it to you, in some cases lower the price even more to make it look more appealing.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      ya to bad he only gave me the estament of $915 i had to look up the wheels to get the $1,400.00 retail so get you're facts straight before you call anyone a lier

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Just be careful B1rd, they might be hot and he is tring to get rid of them. Or he might just be real and wants to get rid of them and it doesnt matter how much money he looses since he makes tons on other stuff. I would take the deal only if I made the decision and not the seller. Its you money and dont let anyone talk you out of anything you dont want to pass up. Good luck buddy and post pics if you get them.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mexicancop
      Just be careful B1rd, they might be hot and he is tring to get rid of them. Or he might just be real and wants to get rid of them and it doesnt matter how much money he looses since he makes tons on other stuff. I would take the deal only if I made the decision and not the seller. Its you money and dont let anyone talk you out of anything you dont want to pass up. Good luck buddy and post pics if you get them.
      ya to bad thats all not true to cuz he has a discount with the manufacure. so here is what it is. if you want rims and tires and you live in L.A. go see Bob at Chatsworth Tire in Chatsworth, CA Tell him the guy with the Blue Aveo sent you. he will hook you up to. also they do Lifts on trucks. my friend bought some Coil overs for his FJ and they did the Install real nice job too. as soon as i have the money to get the rims and tires i will post photo's

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      i love how everybody just jumped on this bob guy, hahahaha, funny sh*t. look not all sellers are scammers. some are just honest joes tryin to make a dollar. maybe he has had the rims for a while and thought maybe they would look good on this car, who knows. just dont be quick to try and jump the gun and bite someones head off when you yourself were not there and you really dont know enuff based on what was said. b1rd was just askin if anyone knew of a better deal and whether or not you guys thought it would be wise to buy into it. thats it.

b1rd if you get those rims you better post some damn pics, or else.... haha jk!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      who gives a **** if this guy is a liar, you are missing the big picture that any wheel with a ninja star insert shouldnt be on any car