•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on Front Door Speakers

Thanks

Question Suggestions on Front Door Speakers

Hey everyone!

I am hoping I could get some suggestions on good front door speakers in a 2009 aveo5.

I am wanting to bump up to 6.5 inch speakers, and don't want to break the bank.

I believe I will need 1in spacers for both doors, and a door panel remover. Would I need anything else? And are speakers practically plug and play? Do I have to do anything special to the wires or will the speakers just plug right in.

Thanks for all the help guys, it seems every time I go to buy speakers, I chicken out because I am not quite sure what all I need.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams

Thanks
      Could use some help, speakers have recently blown out on me and am hoping to get this project underway, Thanks guys!
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams

Thanks
      Alright, did some research and I am not sure if these will work, but they seem to be slim fit and should fit with the 1 in spacer. I do NOT want to cut into the door panel, so I want the door panel to fit and the window to go all the way down. Will these work and will they produce nice quality sound? I don't want to have to buy an amp or anything like that. Just want to upgrade.

Pioneer TS-A1675R A-Series 6.5" Coaxial Car Speakers

-Douglas Adams

I'll keep it and add a turbo Pontiac1976's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MrJakob View Post
      Alright, did some research and I am not sure if these will work, but they seem to be slim fit and should fit with the 1 in spacer. I do NOT want to cut into the door panel, so I want the door panel to fit and the window to go all the way down. Will these work and will they produce nice quality sound? I don't want to have to buy an amp or anything like that. Just want to upgrade.

Pioneer TS-A1675R A-Series 6.5" Coaxial Car Speakers
      GO ahead if you like them should work.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

What do you mean there's no turbo? sflindall26's Avatar
      Thanks
      Im a fan of MTX audio clear and crisp sound! I currently have MTX 6.5 components in the front, MTX 3 -ways in the rear and 2 12" MTX jackhammer subs running off an 1800 watt amp. Its a decent system!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sflindall26 View Post
      Im a fan of MTX audio clear and crisp sound! I currently have MTX 6.5 components in the front, MTX 3 -ways in the rear and 2 12" MTX jackhammer subs running off an 1800 watt amp. Its a decent system!
      That sounds nice, just don't really know how to go about adding the sub and amp.

-Douglas Adams

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac1976 View Post
      GO ahead if you like them should work.
      Thank you so much for the help, will I have to crimp the wires of the speakers to fit them in the doors? Or could they just plug right in without having to worry about messing with the wiring.

-Douglas Adams

Thanks
      Thank you so much for the help, will I have to crimp the wires of the speakers to fit them in the doors? Or could they just plug right in without having to worry about messing with the wiring.
      If you would like to use the factory wiring plug and play on the aftermarket speakers. You can buy a connector's ( on e-bay or sonic ) they come in a pack of two. part # is 72-9300 Aveo's Metra 72-9300 (met-729300) Speaker Connector for Select Mazda/
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac1976 View Post
      If you would like to use the factory wiring plug and play on the aftermarket speakers. You can buy a connector's ( on e-bay or sonic ) they come in a pack of two. part # is 72-9300 Aveo's Metra 72-9300 (met-729300) Speaker Connector for Select Mazda/

Thanks! That helps me out tremendously. I have another question, one of my good friends told me that the current oem amp is too weak to work with these speakers. He said that it can actually damage them pretty badly.

My question is if this is true or not, and if so, how hard is it to install a better amp for these speakers?

I know nothing about amps so this is new territory for me.

-Douglas Adams

Thanks
      Thanks! That helps me out tremendously. I have another question, one of my good friends told me that the current oem amp is too weak to work with these speakers. He said that it can actually damage them pretty badly.

My question is if this is true or not, and if so, how hard is it to install a better amp for these speakers?

I know nothing about amps so this is new territory for me.
      Well he might be right if you turn it to loud ( distortion Bad very bad ), There no AMP in the car! So it might not be as loud as with a AMP even( distortion Bad very bad ).
      See if you like it first, you can all was get one after. Some one that know stereo's can help you at that point. or go to a stereo shop for your first amp set up.

Last edited by Pontiac1976; 08-22-2014 at 02:01 AM.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast