As some of you know, the Aveo 5 is the hatchback version if the Aveo, and as such it has very limited trunk space. This can be a hard truth if you want both a sub box and trunk space. But how? Compromise. Even with the sedan, it seems like the box moves around a lot. Lets fix this.

The sub box featured in this guide is a Dual ALB10. It is a 300w self contained 10" sub box that is ported. It has an amp built in and is very slim in profile. I have been bumping this mini bad boy for a year and have ZERO complains, considering the whole unit is 100 bucks! Just buy your wiring and hook it up (there are plenty of guides on how to do that.)

What's that you say? It keeps sliding around in the back whilst you do your sweet rally drift moves? Ah, here is where the how to begins.... To the hardware store!!!

I got:
3 screw in eyes
1 Velcro strap set (contains 3)
4 self tapping screws
1 rope ring mount (see pic)
(Basic hand tools if you don't have them already)
The hardware cost me 10 bucks.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  155.4 KB

I began by peeling back the carpet panel on the drivers side. I have already messed with the light that is there and relocated it... So I decided to mount the ring so that it uses the existing hole. I marked out the rope ring and used the self tappers to secure it.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 649
Size:  245.4 KB

Once secure, you can put the carpet back and have the ring poking out.

Views: 585
Size:  200.5 KB

Using the eye screws and a hammer, set the screws and twist them into the back of your sub box. I chose to arrange mine with one on top and two lower, but you can do it however you need to depending on your box. I did it like this to give a more finished appearance with the eyes being behind everything.

Views: 886
Size:  213.6 KB

Loop the Velcro straps on the ring and to each eye. Position the box tightly and then adjust the straps. No more sliding box!

Views: 632
Size:  170.7 KB
Views: 635
Size:  195.6 KB