•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Noise

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Speaker Noise

So I just upgraded my front speakers Kicker KS600. I hooked them up to an amplifier ZX350.4 and when I turned them on I get all this noise. The left speaker has a whining noise that changes pitch witht the rpms of the car. The right speaker makes a quieter ticking noise. I have my power wire running down the drivers side and the rca and speaker wire running down the passenger side. I have the amp in the hatch with the ground wire connected to a bolt for the back seat bracket (there is a pic of this in another post that someone else grounded at the same point). I kept the factory head unit. Any ideas on how I can get rid of this noise? I've never had it happen in any of my other cars. HELP!

Proud owner of a 2009 Aveo5!

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Speaker Noise

Quote Originally Posted by sharpeaveo
      The left speaker has a whining noise that changes pitch witht the rpms of the car.
      I'm not sure about the other issues, but this definitely sounds like a grounding problem somewhere. Check all ground points (head unit, battery terminal, amp) for solid connection. Hope it helps.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hooah212002
      The left speaker has a whining noise that changes pitch witht the rpms of the car.
      I'm not sure about the other issues, but this definitely sounds like a grounding problem somewhere. Check all ground points (head unit, battery terminal, amp) for solid connection. Hope it helps.
      I second the possible grounding issue. This is more than likely the culprit.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

try totally moving your ground from the seat bolt, its not the best spot to ground to. Also did u use a line output converter into your amp or did you use high level input?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Out of curiosity, what did you use to hook the amp to the OE head unit? (I'm not familiar w/ the Aveo's stereo system, but I can probably help here, because audio problems aren't usually mfg specific.)

On a preliminary basis, I'm going to have to agree that you should check, clean, re-check, and verify all your ground points, and any new connections that you made.

Also make sure you haven't grounded any speakers to the chassis of the car. This is never a good idea.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

also it is recommended that you upgrade your grounding wire on the battery that runs to the frame. When i was doing an install it was the first thing the pro installers told me to do.

Thanks

Ok I finally found a solution. I bought this "in line noise suppressor" and it did the trick. It cost $15 and just plugged into the rca cable.
      Proud owner of a 2009 Aveo5!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Ok I finally found a solution. I bought this "in line noise suppressor" and it did the trick. It cost $15 and just plugged into the rca cable.
      Glad to hear it worked for you. Also, just out of curiosity, your OEM head unit plays CD's right? Not like older AM/FM receivers that came in most SVM/LS models on 1st gen aveos... because in our case upgrading the head unit was step number 1.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

I'm Glad that worked for you.
      Another cause for this can be the wires just need to be shielded more. During installs I always like to shield everything just incase. I never had to use noise surpreser's they only mask the true problem.
      Thats just my opinion and you know opinions are like (!) everyones got one. lol

Scott

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      lol ,,i just installed new polk audio speakers n doors and kenwoods in that tray behind seatbak,,ive got the same noise u do ,,ive tryd all kinds of grounding techniques ,,i even removed a seatbelt bracket and grinded it shiny and tryd that too ..i have 4 channel amp and a new headunit ,,im hoping these filters work for me ..did they cut all the noise,mi literally work on this 25 hours straight ,,im deternined but nothing is helping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast