•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remote Starter

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      No, you will still need the bypass module. The pink wire will only let you lock and unlock the doors with the remote when the engine is running.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jimig1 View Post
      OK I bought and installed a remote starter and my 04 Aveo has factory alarm with keyless entry so I had to hook up the alarm bypass wire to the starter (found that out when I didn't and the alarm started going off) but now when I remote start the car I can't open the doors with the remote I have to do it with the key any one know what I can do to allow my to use the key fob to unlock the doors?
      what did you use to bypass the alarm? I have been having issue where the remote start works fine but the alarm goes off as soon remote start turns on the ignition. Right now, it has been starting fine without the bypass. I am using C900 Compustar remote start. According to iDatalink, i am supposed to find some wires around the ignition cylinder to bypass the security/alarm. But after reading some other threads, seems like there is some pink wire behind center console which will have to be bypassed using bypass. Where exactly would i find this pink wire behind the bypass. BTW i am working on 2007 Aveo LT. I am also looking for lock & unlock wires to wire in my remote start, any idea where would be the wires for lock & unlock?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I am currently installing a push button, remote start and alarm in my 2008 Aveo and I am hanging problems bypassing the steering wheel lock and finding the correct wires for the lock and unlock feature. Can anyone help?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123