•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Fill

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Rear Fill

How many people have it their car? How many prescribe to the "I hate rear fill. Unless its a theater the sound belongs in front of you. The exception is the sub, but you can't localize those frequencies anyways." school of thought?

Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Rear Fill

got 2 6x9s fiberglassed in to the hatch cover, they make a world of difrence for sound quiality
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i noticed it even with just the stock radio, it is really bad with all the the adjustments centered. but even if you put the sound to the front, the speakers are so weak you just lose the sound. and add muffle to the rear.

although this is one of the few cars i have owned that even has a radio working, so anything is better than nothing. But i would like to know what speakers are drop in replacement upgrades to swap to better ones. without any fabrication work on my end (i hate working with wood so i am not making my own spacers), and not costing a lot of money, because i would still rather fabricate than spend.

Thanks

For those who have their speaker amplified do you have more power going to the front or the rear?

C3 Testimonials

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      i noticed it even with just the stock radio, it is really bad with all the the adjustments centered. but even if you put the sound to the front, the speakers are so weak you just lose the sound. and add muffle to the rear.

although this is one of the few cars i have owned that even has a radio working, so anything is better than nothing. But i would like to know what speakers are drop in replacement upgrades to swap to better ones. without any fabrication work on my end (i hate working with wood so i am not making my own spacers), and not costing a lot of money, because i would still rather fabricate than spend.
      I don't think that there are any drop in speakers you can use to improve on sound as long as you still have your stock head unit. I upgraded all of the speakers and left the stock head unit in only to discover that i should have invested my money in a new head unit first...I didn't notice any difference in sound quality after the speaker upgrade. I do have a head unit on the way though thanks to Rob.... save your speaker money and upgrade your head unit first.
      Not always right, but hardly ever wrong...
      '04 Hatchback
      17" motegi's
      Apex springs
      Pictures to come...

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

I beg to differ. I installed components in the front, 2-way 4x6 in the back and kept the stock head unit. The difference is unbelievable. I then installed a small sub and I can't be any happier.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

I like rear fill. I'm trying to find something to throw in the back to replace the stockers.

I started with the head unit and then found a 12" sub for cheap. I have that and an amp going in on friday and will be upgrading the front door speakers probably next month followed by the hatch speakers.

I was thinking of a component set in the front, trying to find and use the stock tweeter mounts and possibly hacking the rear doors for a similar set-up and dropping tweats in under the grills in the hatch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artistic_gore
      I like rear fill. I'm trying to find something to throw in the back to replace the stockers.

I started with the head unit and then found a 12" sub for cheap. I have that and an amp going in on friday and will be upgrading the front door speakers probably next month followed by the hatch speakers.

I was thinking of a component set in the front, trying to find and use the stock tweeter mounts and possibly hacking the rear doors for a similar set-up and dropping tweats in under the grills in the hatch.
      How much of your system is amplified? Fronts, Subs, Rear? How do you have the balance? What head unit & amp(s) are you using?

C3 Testimonials

Thanks

Right now only the sub is amplified. I will probably run a 4 channel amp for the rest when I upgrade in a couple of months. The head unit is a pioneer DEH-P400UB. The sub is a pioneer ts-w301r. The amp I'm running to that is an MTX TN200/2 (bridged for 150watts RMS @ 4ohms). It's sort of a smash up at this point as I'm totally new to car audio.

My balance is 50 50. As I tune the setup it may change but I highly doubt it. I don't like the sound to be lopsided side to side or front to rear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artistic_gore
      ....My balance is 50 50. As I tune the setup it may change but I highly doubt it. I don't like the sound to be lopsided side to side or front to rear.
      Have you ever been in a car that had a very powerful front stage with just accented bass in the rear? I used to say/do the same thing till I heard about 10 vehicles with a very powerful front stage and no rear fill minus a sub. Now it drives me crazy to be in a car with music behind me, but then again that is just me.

C3 Testimonials

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast