•  

Thread: Radio Failed

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Radio Failed

About five months ago the radio in my car started to act funny when the nighttime lights were cut on only half of the radio was illuminated. Then about a month ago the Radio just quit altogether and won't come back on. Well heres the thing My parents like the car to use on the paper route on sunday mornings because of the fog lights and they hit two deers and the car is still going strong. I love the peace and quiet of a drive in my aveo Although I can understand where my parents are coming from The car runs silent you would think it wasn't running, and running a rural paper route on early sunday morning is a bit creepy.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Here's what I did when my radio did the same thing

Try to Extend the Antenna fully and try the radio againCheck the antenna connections.

Extra steel added to the car can cause interference that includes bike racks,
      bikes try

removing them and see if it fixes it.

Make a mental note if you hear static at the same location or time each dayand simple take a simple route or try driving at a different time to see if the static is environmentalRe-scan on FM if the radio sounds best.

In towns the radio can pick up the signal twiceonce the direct signal and once from reflection of buildings. Re-scanning can help

Shaun Roffe. Ford Ranger for Sale South Africa
      Last edited by Shaun Roffe; 09-29-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
      That is not the problem the Power button on the Radio broke and will not come on it also is where you control the volume. My dad said out of all the GM cars We have owned None of them have just up and quit like that. I took it to the local Audio store that puts radios in cars they said they could do it but They have to get the Anti theft Deactivation code just to get the radio out and put one in without tripping the Engine Light. I just decided To do without There is nothing on radio so Why bother.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i dont think that sounds right, i dont the code is necessary nor will you get a check engine light from the radio.

i've had lots of radios burn out in lots of cars: gm, mazda, audi, vw, ford, amc, to name a few.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i dont think that sounds right, i dont the code is necessary nor will you get a check engine light from the radio.

i've had lots of radios burn out in lots of cars: gm, mazda, audi, vw, ford, amc, to name a few.
      My brother in law has a chevrolet Silverado He changed his radio and the engine light came on. I don't know if it has one But I decided not to put a radio in the car because there isn't anything on the radio at all.