•  
    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Thread: New front door speaker replacement

    1. #1
      I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      texas
      Posts
      105
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

      New front door speaker replacement

      i recelently replaced my front stock speakers with aftermarket of course
      they are jvc's they sound great i ordered them and a baffle set, and they are outstanding compared to the system that i had in my truck before i sold it.
      JVC CS-V427 4" 2-way Speaker

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/330588095234?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

      XTC 4" Shallow Foam Speaker Baffles VXT42 acoustic baffle for 4" speaker 1PR

      XTC 4" Shallow Foam Speaker Baffles VXT42 Acoustic Baffle for 4" Speaker 1pr | eBay

      i noticed that others were having trouble mounting speakers, these mounted right up for me and i didnt have to cut the baffles down either. any questions feel free to ask.



    2. #2
      Geo
      Geo is offline
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Philadelphia
      Posts
      193
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Sweet. Do you have pics? Did you leave the original speaker housing in?

    3. #3
      I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      texas
      Posts
      105
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
      Sweet. Do you have pics? Did you leave the original speaker housing in?
      No I don't have pics. I would have. But some storms shot up that evening when I was working in it and had it all apart. So I had to take it up to the barn and finish up there and it was to dark. But the mount holes arnt excatly the same on the little adapter piece in the car but they are really close. I knew what tools and splices j all needed before I did it all so it took me like 35 min to pull the door pannel and speaker out and have the new ones hooked up and all back together. If you are going to do it. I would just get the baffle and the speaker. Then get you 4 of the small wire splices (the red ones) a crimping tool and I believe the screws thar hold the speakers in is a t15 or t10. Pull the speakers cut wires splice, crimp and put the speaker in and door together and your all ready to go. I didn't want to cut the door panle so it just like stock but sound is way better. And since you can't see the speaker there is no need to put the speaker guard on.if you do it let me know how it turns out.

    4. #4
      Geo
      Geo is offline
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Philadelphia
      Posts
      193
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by jonelledge View Post
      No I don't have pics. I would have. But some storms shot up that evening when I was working in it and had it all apart. So I had to take it up to the barn and finish up there and it was to dark. But the mount holes arnt excatly the same on the little adapter piece in the car but they are really close. I knew what tools and splices j all needed before I did it all so it took me like 35 min to pull the door pannel and speaker out and have the new ones hooked up and all back together. If you are going to do it. I would just get the baffle and the speaker. Then get you 4 of the small wire splices (the red ones) a crimping tool and I believe the screws thar hold the speakers in is a t15 or t10. Pull the speakers cut wires splice, crimp and put the speaker in and door together and your all ready to go. I didn't want to cut the door panle so it just like stock but sound is way better. And since you can't see the speaker there is no need to put the speaker guard on.if you do it let me know how it turns out.
      So wait, I'd have to splice wires? I cant hook them up to the original connectors in the car?

    5. #5
      I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      texas
      Posts
      105
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
      So wait, I'd have to splice wires? I cant hook them up to the original connectors in the car?
      Well I didn't really splice. The cars plug is different on the stock speaker then the regular. If you get 4 male spaced. The flat ones in the red. The wire that comes with the speakers you can cut down and put the spades at the end of them and plug it into the harness plug that tuns to the speaker. So I didn't cut the plug off. I wish I had took pics that way I could show you but its really simple. But I also am a mechanic so I do stuff like this all the time but on golf carts mowers and what not. But its really really dimple.

    6. #6
      Geo
      Geo is offline
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Philadelphia
      Posts
      193
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by jonelledge View Post
      Well I didn't really splice. The cars plug is different on the stock speaker then the regular. If you get 4 male spaced. The flat ones in the red. The wire that comes with the speakers you can cut down and put the spades at the end of them and plug it into the harness plug that tuns to the speaker. So I didn't cut the plug off. I wish I had took pics that way I could show you but its really simple. But I also am a mechanic so I do stuff like this all the time but on golf carts mowers and what not. But its really really dimple.
      Haha. Ok man gotcha. ordering them now. I'll let you know how I make out

    7. #7
      What's wrong with my car? simonrex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      6
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Are you also willing to install the amplifier in your vehicle it gives more power and great sound. Have you removed the old speaker from the door? I will suggest you to also install the JVC speaker in the backside.
      Last edited by simonrex; 08-29-2013 at 06:29 AM.

      Aveo is a small vehicle but have power and durability..

    8. #8
      I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      texas
      Posts
      105
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by simonrex View Post
      Are you also willing to install the amplifier in your vehicle it gives more power and great sound. Have you removed the old speaker from the door? I will suggest you to also install the JVC speaker in the backside.
      Yes the amp would make a great amount of difffence but if you have a decent head unit just use the amp for some 6x9 or 10" subs in the back I wouldent try to hook up the door speakers to an am. At least these I have a older jvc and its not that great but the speakers sound amazing. Now if you put the speaker in from the back you would ha e to have a ring to hold the baffle in and you have to worry about the speaker hitting the door glass. You can't see the speaker wither way so it wont make a diffrrnce just more difficult installing for the same performance.





    Similar Threads

    1. Front Seat Belt Replacement
      By BCAveo in forum Audio, Video & Interior
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM
    2. trunk probliem? new front speaker questions
      By mike1994 in forum Audio, Video & Interior
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 11-16-2011, 07:13 AM
    3. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
    4. Aveo5 Door Speaker Wires
      By mensta in forum Audio, Video & Interior
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-20-2009, 12:31 AM
    5. Front speaker installation
      By nickmnusa in forum Audio, Video & Interior
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-25-2008, 06:07 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •