•  

Thread: Just purchased a G1W-C, and want to hide the wires and run the power to the fusebox.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Just purchased a G1W-C, and want to hide the wires and run the power to the fusebox.

I just bought the G1W-C from gearbest, and I'm wondering if anybody has any experience mounting a front dashcam in the Aveo where the wires are hidden. I would like to modify the DC adapter to run into the fuse box (or to another location if easier) so that it's not constantly plugged into the DC plugin in the center console with a wire hanging down. I have a 2009 four door Aveo. Thanks!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by circuitries View Post
      I just bought the G1W-C from gearbest, and I'm wondering if anybody has any experience mounting a front dashcam in the Aveo where the wires are hidden. I would like to modify the DC adapter to run into the fuse box (or to another location if easier) so that it's not constantly plugged into the DC plugin in the center console with a wire hanging down. I have a 2009 four door Aveo. Thanks!
      where does the camera mount to? if its possible, you can tuck your modified DC adapter into the headliner, and run it down to the IBEC via the same routing that the Dome light has which is behind the Driver's side A-Pillar trim.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      where does the camera mount to? if its possible, you can tuck your modified DC adapter into the headliner, and run it down to the IBEC via the same routing that the Dome light has which is behind the Driver's side A-Pillar trim.
      Thanks for your reply! It will mount directly onto the rear-view mirror. Do you know of any tutorials/schematics/tools that would help me with installing via your method above? Modifying anything in my car is fairly new to me. Thanks again!

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey use the power supply from the dome light. Now it also depends on how you camera activates or how much loop time you have. If you have a lot of loop time, then power it on from the constant power in the dome light. Or if you don't have a loop time, then then you need to run off key power (accessory power).

As always get a multimeter (digital) and learn the DV volts function and the continuity function.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Hey use the power supply from the dome light. Now it also depends on how you camera activates or how much loop time you have. If you have a lot of loop time, then power it on from the constant power in the dome light. Or if you don't have a loop time, then then you need to run off key power (accessory power). As always get a multimeter (digital) and learn the DV volts function and the continuity function.
      Awesome thanks for the reply! Looks like wiring in a USB plug into the dome light wires would be the shortest route as far as running wires. Are there any guides or tutorials for splicing into those wires and accessing them? I'm really green at this, so any info is helpful. Ideally, I'd like to wire it so that the camera turns off when the car is turned off. Thanks!

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      You are going to need to run power from the key accessory. the best thing to do is to splice into accessory power near the radio and like Aveo LT said, run a wire down the A pillar. I have not done it myself. The dome light uses battery power (that means it's always on). With out pictures it's going to be hard to see what's happening. I am planning to do the same thing myself.

Here is something that can help:
      EDO Tech® Ultra Compact 5V Mini USB Direct Hardwire Car Charger Cable Kit for DVR Dash Cam Vehicle Camera Recorder

http://http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3XXRI0?psc=1

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....