•  

Thread: Interior 'PushClip/Screws', for HatchBack Interior Panel....SIZE???

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Interior 'PushClip/Screws', for HatchBack Interior Panel....SIZE???

Cant seem to find out what size/length, of 'plastic screws/pushclips'/whatever you call the 'black plastic screws' that hold just about every panel, part, together in a modern car. I am trying to find out the size of the 'screws' that hold the 2006 Aveo Hatch panel, on the inside, to get access to the wiper motor, and the mechanism for the hatch release, etc.
      I lost all the 'screws' long ago, it is now held on with Gorilllia tape, but I now hear you can buy these screws at Lowes/Home Depot, IF you know the size. Chevy is of no use, they dont know the size, only that I have to buy 100 of them, minimum, when I only need 10....at most. For like $40. It is just called a 'panel screw'...something like that.

IF I knew the size...(it is in metric MM's of course), I know they are black, and have like a push pin in the middle of the head, to release it, and to reinstall it, but they are all gone now. Does anyone know the size I am looking for? I looked on EBay, and they sell like 10 different size plastic screws/plugs, all together, and I get like 100, but only 10 of each size, and hope 1 of them is the one I need. So...I waste a lot of money buying 10 different size plastic screws, that I will never be able to use, and hope one of them is the right size.

So...does anyone know the size, and the length I am looking for?? I don't know if they are the same size as the ones that hold the plastic wheel well covers, in the fenders or not. BUT I need those to,....so I can take those panels off, get to the wiper motors, to replace them. Any help THIS time???

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Sorry, Don't have the answer you're looking for, but have you tried looking at the local Pull-a-Part/ salvage yard? They may even have the mud flaps you're looking for in your other thread.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LateOutDrsMn For This Useful Post:

FlaAveo5 (10-05-2018)

Thanks
      Many times, never an Aveo to be found, of any year/model.

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks
      All the parts you are looking for should be here: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/auto-p...-l4-gas-engine

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-pa...w0LWdhcw%3D%3D

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/auto-p...rear-body-scat

I suggest you email them and ask if the price is each or for a packet. When I bought some for doing the Tow Hitch Wiring Harness there were several ?8? in a packet.

All the other trim clip numbers are at the bottom of the page, in the "customer also bought" section.
      Last edited by gclark8; 10-06-2018 at 07:06 AM.
      no image

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gclark8 For This Useful Post:

FlaAveo5 (10-06-2018)

Thanks
      Those that are numbered 'Number 2' ARE they clips/screws i need. I have been to that site like 50 times, trying to find these, and never found them. But on that site EACH one is $3.50. So it would be like $35 for the 10 I need,...then the shipping is massive, for such tiny things,that weigh nothing, it is almost $18 to ship them. So for 10 clips, it is $53 for 10 of them.

Might as well go to Chevy and get 100 of them, IF they can still order them, and pay their outrageous prices. At least this time I can bring a printout of what I NEED,...and see if they can order them,....even if it is 100 of them. Thank you guy!!!

Thanks
      Yes, finding things on the computer can be difficult. I do prefer the old parts books where I can flick through the pages....

I suggest now you print out the page: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-pa...w0LWdhcw%3D%3D and take it to your local Chevy (Parts) Dealer. As it has the GM Number 94530741, they will have a price structure and availability and also be able to tell you if its for one or a bag of ?.

Edit: I phoned my local Dealer gave him the GM Part Number, 94530741, got a price of $3.50 each and was told there are 17 in Australia!
      Last edited by gclark8; 10-08-2018 at 06:54 PM.
      no image

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gclark8 For This Useful Post:

FlaAveo5 (10-07-2018)

Thanks
      How did you get on at the Chev Dealer?

no image