•  

Thread: Help with remote start install in 09 aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Help with remote start install in 09 aveo

Hello, I would like to install a remote start system in my 2009 Aveo, the remote start system I purchased is the Avital 4103, I went to ACE and got a copy of my key made for $2 and it works perfectly so there is no chip in my key, i understand how to wire most of the entire system the only part i don't understand is how to wire the starter, reading online it looks like the starter wire isn't behind the dash? I'm confused as to how i wire up the starter part of my remote start system, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      The remote start interface can be made with 2 relays and a 1.5k resistor. I used a third relay to change a signal wire form my remote start from + to - to get everything working correctly. I installed an avital 5303 In my 09 aveo5 a few months ago along with power locks. I used the diagram from the audiovox tech website. If you need the diagram let me know. If you have power locks you could buy a interface that does lock and remote start. Mine is just a base model so I decided to build a start interface to save money.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by blueveo View Post
      The remote start interface can be made with 2 relays and a 1.5k resistor. I used a third relay to change a signal wire form my remote start from + to - to get everything working correctly. I installed an avital 5303 In my 09 aveo5 a few months ago along with power locks. I used the diagram from the audiovox tech website. If you need the diagram let me know. If you have power locks you could buy a interface that does lock and remote start. Mine is just a base model so I decided to build a start interface to save money.
      my car has no power locks and I do not wish to add them, I just want the simple remote start feature, I'm comfortable with splicing into as many wires as I need to but am still confused as to what the interface even does, or what relays I would need to build it, where I would get them, what is the resistor for? How Many watts does it need to handle? How do I build this once I have the relays? What do I need the 3rd relay for? I'm pretty good when it comes to building things and when it comes to circuitry but I don't even know why this car needs this interface and what it does, any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry about any typos I'm on my phone at the moment.

Thanks,
      Drew

Thanks
      An interface module is works as an signal converter between the aftermarket alarm and the car. In vehicles with more features this can simplify the installation allot. It can reduce the number of wires being installed and enable some cool automation features. In a base model car like the aveo it will take care of the stating over the cars digital CAN Bus.

The third relay was used to convert a +12v signal to a - ground to trigger the bypass for starting. The wire I would normally use from the avital rested at 12V and caused the relay bypass to hum. So I wired up a third relay and used a positive trigger wire and converted it to negative to engage the starting bypass.

It was a little confusing for me to begin with. I use to install car alarms in the past but have not been involved in the security and audio scene for about 8 years. I was a certified installer but took a job in IT because I could sit at a desk instead of being crouched in a car all day. Try reading up on the 12volt.com forums. They have a ton of great info for car alarm installs.

If you have never installed something like this it might be better to pay a shop. Sometimes you just have to decide how much your time and effort is worth and pay someone else to do it.

Send me your email address and I will reply with the diagrams. The limit for file size on the forum will not allow me to upload them.

Thanks
      My email is drewlrocks@gmail.com and it would be very helpful if you could send those to me, do you think you could explain what type of relays I need to buy, which pins I need to wire to what, and how I connect the relay curcit to the car after its built? because that'sall iI think I need to know to finish this instalation.

Thanks
      I have sent the diagrams. For relays you would use SPDT 5 wire. Its best to buy them with wire sockets so they are easier to install. I bought mine off amazon this time, if you need links to them let me know. The diagram will tell you which terminals to connect. I got the resistor for free from a local shop. Let me know if you have any more questions.