•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with RADIO interchgange, PLZ

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Help with RADIO interchgange, PLZ

MY 2011 radio/cd/aux quit working w/trouble codes 2 &3. Will a radio/cd/aux from an 2009 LT work in my 2011 LT? If any member has an interchangeable working unit for sale, LMK how much. I figure about $15 shipping included in price.There are several on ebay from 2009s n 2010s, but not from 2011 as of last search. Thnx! Shipping would be to Kansas City, MO. 64030. Email/phone on request, if needed. Thanx!

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Eg.h2o View Post
      Yep, that's the 2010-2011 radio/cd/aux. I"ve seen a few on ebay, but I am hoping to find one in the $45-60 range, including shipping.....mayB from a crusher/shredder bound 2011 The 2009 unit, according to listings of 2010-2011 is not compatible with the 2010-2011 wiring harness. The 2011 has (3) pug ins; one for the antenna, and two separate wiring harness plugins with pry-of.. connector..not shown. I'm guessing the '09 harness has the antenna and one wire harness connectors like the Gen 1 Aveos, (1) antenna n (1) wiring harness power plug-in. I've left my contact info with several major auto salvage dealers in K.C. to notify me when/if a 2011 comes in with a radio. Also watching ads from private owners scrapping a 2011 for a few final dollars before it goes to the crusher. If all fails, there is always my MP3 for entertainment. Thanx for your timely reply!
      Last edited by kcROB; 07-20-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I live in Cleveland Ohio and we have a junk yard called Pull A Part that you can strip off whatever is available on a vehicle yourself and pay a small fee for whatever it is. They have a 2011 Aveo on the lot at the moment with everything on the car available. I have to go out there and get a prop rod for hood on my 05 Aveo and a headlight so maybe I can remove the radio.

Thanks
      Uriken, Just sat down with my computer and saw your very kind offer to remove 2011 Aveo radio. There is a how-to utube on removal of a 2011 Aveo radio from a white sedan. Yes, I will cover ALL your costs, pay you for your time/trouble. Of course, I will cover shipping, as well. Your kind offer does NOT go unappreciated! We don't know if the radio/cd/aux is in working condition so it will be a gamble. My radio works great, but the cd mode is non-working.Try to save the plastic, one-piece-surround that must be pried off. See Utube...need a fine-blade tool that is rigid. My email is: xxxxx. I am on facebook also. No hurry here. Go when it is convenient for you. Edit, I vistited the Cleveland Clinic back in '07 for a heart procedure...what a place!. A visit to the RockN Roll Museum is on my bucket list, but with covid ramping up again, it will be a while before I travel. LMK
      Last edited by kcROB; 07-26-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks
      Uriken. To speed up the removal (plz try to save the grey plastic surround), bring wire cutters and cut the two wiring harness plug ins at the back of the radio. The antenna plug is easily pulled out. Email me with any questions. I wish I were there to lend a hand. I would love to see what else I could save.....would you shoot me and or the forum a pic or two of the 2011 before it ends up as nail bait? I'm sure forum members that own a Gen2 would love to get their hands on a complete 2011 for parts...aka "gold mine". Would you also take a quick look at the condition of the R & L headlight assemblies as to clarity and pitting? Email me before you go. Stay safe.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      kcROB,
      Right now at "Pull A Part" here in Cleveland there is 9 Chevy Aveo's on the lot. They have a website if you search Cleveland Ohio Pull A Part. If you go to the inventory search you can see what the have with all the details for each car (I think pics to?) The 2011 just got there a week ago and isn't been touched. I'm planning to go Saturday / Sunday (weather permitting; I heard we may have a rainy weekend). The radios I have removed multiple times and I personally feel they are very easy to remove versus some cars. I can just unplug the entire harness upstream and send that with the radio. I checked their price list for radios with CD players and they list them at $28.08 with $1.40 environmental fee. The environmental fee I don't get but its at least a buck and a half and not some crazy amount for nothing. Headlights are listed for $10.87. Through all the Aveo's they use the same headlight assembly so there has to be a set on the lot that are like new. I know the 05 I was picking at the owner bought new ones before it hit the junk yard. I see your in KC, Missouri so shipping probably with the US Postal service standard packing boxes would probably be the best way cause I think its $14 for a 8x8x12" shipping box and anywhere in the states. I'll do some checking on the cheapest but most reliable. I also think I can power the radio with a battery and an inline fuse wired to the positive / negative to check it before sending it as well.

Thanks
      Uriken, your plan sounds 100% effective. I have done my"due diliigence" and found that the 2009 radio (notwithstanding the fact that it looks identical to the 2010-2011), is not compatible with the 2011 wiring harness. If the 2011 unit plays a cd and ejects w/o codes a few times, then mark it SOLD! Be sure that the price $ you quote me adequately compensates you for your skill and effort. I'm 77 and not quite up to working on cars as I once did...Father Time is undefeated...so I appreciate your effort. Keep me posted. My wife has Venmo and prefers it. Keep me in the loop n call if necessary. Thnx again! EDIT..just to make sure of the year, the VIN of a 2011 has two "Bs". If you care to, take a pic of the vin and I can determine, thru a free VIN finder, how many miles it has on it which would give some indication of prior use.
      Forgot to ask...is the donor 2011 Aveo a sedan or hatch? Mine is an urban gray sedan with a d.o.m. of 12/2010.
      Last edited by kcROB; 07-23-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      KcROB,
      Well I thought I was going to get in my good deed for the week yet unfortunately your radio was in great shape and worked with no codes; BUT there is a CD stuck in it. I did some research online on how to manually depress buttons to get the CD to eject other than the usual button and its just plain stuck in there. Taking the radio apart I didn't think would be a good idea at the junkyard. I though about still buying it and taking it home and then taking it apart but then started to think there is a reason why the CD is stuck in there mechanically. So, plan B. There is a 2010 on the lot but I didn't go see it as it started raining but that may be available with a working radio.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Uriken For This Useful Post:

kcROB (07-27-2021)

Thanks
      Uriken
      You absolutely made the correct choice not buying the 2011 radio....the only choice you had and it doesn't go unappreciated! I had the same problem with a cd stuck. Somehow, I got the thing to release it. Then the code 3 came on so its not worth the time to fix. Rather than go back for the 2009 radio...and possibly the same outcome....and your time is valuable......I have a backup choice on ebay. Seller sez it works and also offers free return. You are an asset to the forum. Members helping each other keep their AVEOS (GM's best selling "WORLD " car sold in 120 countries) doing what it does best. Yes, I am proud of my 2011 sedan affectionately ; "Sir Passed Alot".

Last edited by kcROB; 07-27-2021 at 02:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast