•  

Thread: hatchback rear door speakers

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

hatchback rear door speakers

recently i got a pioneer deck from my girlfriends old car she sold. Its now in my aveo with the crappy Walmart pioneer speakers i put in a while back and while they sound better than stock they can be improved.

my question is that i wanted to put a shallow mount 6.5" speaker in the rear door panel of an 04 aveo. has anyone done this or does anyone know if this will work?

the 4x6's are having a little bit of trouble with the bass and i want a little more bass.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      So you're saying you want to put speakers where there currently aren't any? I like the idea, but I can already tell its gonna be a lot of work in terms of wiring. Not to mention you'd want a 6 channel head unit which aren't easy to find last I looked, or you'd need a 6.1 channel amp. But that's just my opinion. To me splicing sacrifices some quality.

I'm sure it can be done, but I've never tried it. If you pull it off be sure to update with build notes and let me know how It goes.

Thanks
      You could just mount some 6X9's in that cover that goes over the cargo area. I would rather cut that than the door panel.
      Or take out that plastic cover and throw the 6X9's in boxes and leave them in the cargo area. They can produce some good bass when there boxed.

Check out Polk speakers, there the only speaker brand I use.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Another option would be to run 4 sets of rear speakers....run wires from your stereos rear speaker outputs to your rear door location up the pillar and either make a boot for where the wires are exposed when the door is open or leave it jerry rigged and just drill a small hole to pass the wires thru your pillar and the door its self. Then fab up some brackets to hold your speakers and wire them up. As far as the look on how to get the sound out you could possibly route out some holes or do some lines with the router or dremel or something similar. The easiest route would have to be just adding some larger( 5.25, 6.00,6.50 or 6x9)on the rear hatch cover for your cargo area like newby said. Whatever route you go you can always leave the amp out for now till you see how it sounds...one step at a time is key here. Good luck!!
      "Man who stand on toilet is high on pot""

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i've seen everything from fiberglassing in the 1/4 windows and mounting 6x9s there to a full fiberglass trunk cover... never has someone actually put the speakers in the rear doors. If i think about it, i imagine it would be in the way of the window, and the doors are also kind of small. With the side impact bar, window regulator, glass etc, it might not have room for speakers anyhow.

Thanks
      Personally, I would just do it the easy way if all you want is a little more bass- sub. You can get a 10" with a small sealed box and get some decent bass without sacrificing too much of the already limited space. Then you can focus on upgrading the stock speakers for better sound quality rather than a little extra bump.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by CrashLove View Post
      Personally, I would just do it the easy way if all you want is a little more bass- sub. You can get a 10" with a small sealed box and get some decent bass without sacrificing too much of the already limited space. Then you can focus on upgrading the stock speakers for better sound quality rather than a little extra bump.
      Agreed, I'm running a little 10'' infinity baselink and factory speakers. Can still hurt my ears without any distortion.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.