•  

Thread: Front speaker installation

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Front speaker installation

Hey guys I just bought these speakers for my 08 hatchback http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3GTX402&tp=105 wondering when I go to put them in do you need to remove the whole door panel or just the grill cover im sure crutchfield will send instructions but im just preparing myself thanks in advance

2008 aveo5 MT

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: Front speaker installation

Nick,

First to answer your question, yes you need to take the whole door panel off and yes crutchfield will send you detailed instructions. It is simple, be careful with the mirror sail, it is tough to remove, keep pulling, but pull evenly.

Now..
      can you cancel the order? I know you can return them, crutchfield is good like that. I bought these same exact speakers as they were the best ones crutchfield recommends for front doors...but they are in my shed now. It is still a 4" speaker and you get very little performance from a 4. If you look on this board you will find info on using 1" spacers for 6.5" speakers and shallow mount 6.5" speakers...if you are going to the trouble of replacing the speakers might as well be worth it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

well I just want them a little better than stock I dont really listen to my music all that loud and for $30 I figured what the heck. Is the window crank difficult to remove?
      2008 aveo5 MT

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Well, Nick, you chose well. The Blaupunkts have a great sound, and will have spectacular highs.
      You will be pleased.

4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012