•  
    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue LED Lights in place of the stock green ones (Speedometer)

Kyo
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I tried to twist it but it stop at 1:35 (angle of clock) and it wouldnt release nor twist more.
      Did you push it or it should twist more?
      My aveo is 1st gen.
      Thank you

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
      I tried to twist it but it stop at 1:35 (angle of clock) and it wouldnt release nor twist more.
      Did you push it or it should twist more?
      My aveo is 1st gen.
      Thank you
      that sounds about I believe its just less then 1/4 of a turn and it does fit kinda tight so you do have to wiggle it a bit to get it out. Its just like the bigger bulbs sockets it twist to the same angle as the bigger lights. If u use pliers it will help if you already arnt doing that.

I'll keep it and add a turbo mralx152's Avatar
      Thanks
      Would look nicer if the green miles gage was blue how come that was not changed? Im definitely doing red to my 05 soon. The green is by far the uglyest

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Sweet! Like the blue. My aveo has yellow gauges and blue accents so blue lights should be very interesting looking.

Name:  DSC02497b.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  91.3 KB

Thanks
      You can't change the light because the screen on the odometer is back light with a halogen of course but can change with a led. But there is a film of green on it its a LCD type screen you can't take it apart. But the led light made mine a light green. But I did my lights in white so if you put a colored led it might change it a lot. I don't know.

Thanks
      is there a step by step of how to take it all apart? ive never touched a dash befor and i feel like a WING-IT approach would just break stuff... did that to my first car with the stereo lol messed all the sides up....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
      Sweet! Like the blue. My aveo has yellow gauges and blue accents so blue lights should be very interesting looking.

Nice... what color year model is your car? wish i had cruze controll

Thanks
      Also how did you cange the airbag color? or did you just paint it?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mralx152 View Post
      is there a step by step of how to take it all apart? ive never touched a dash befor and i feel like a WING-IT approach would just break stuff... did that to my first car with the stereo lol messed all the sides up....
      not sure there might be, its pretty simple,
      1. i lowed the steering wheel all the way down witch isnt far, Philips screw driver remove the only 2 bolts that go up on the outer trim edge, that clips in the middle, itll pull out and put it aside,

2. next i believe there are 4 Philips screws 2 in the center and two on each side, (there might only be one in the middle) (also dont drop these screws they will go in the dash and you may never see them again, same with that this piece im talking about is the half round piece that goes down to the dash, once its out of the way all your gages will be there open.

3. i believe there is either 3-4 Philips screws again that hold the gauge cluster together, remove them, at the back of the gauges when you remove that it will have a plug that the wires all go to, pull the gauges out a bit then remove the harness, i believe there is a tab you press and then pull(locking).

4. take the gauges completely out and flip over, the lights housing is little blue twist pieces, take players (easiest way i have found) twist them to loosen maybe a 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn and pull straight out. its been a while i believe there are 4-5 t10 bulbs, and your odometer bulb is a t5 bulb ( its a smaller base meaning the black mout base that youll pull out is smaller as well, also all your turn signal indicator lights, e brake light, cruise control light gas light and high beam light is all the t5 bulb as well.

5. take the bulbs out of the base some are hard to remove, requiring prying from a knife to remove them from the base, put the leds in and put your bulbs back in the gauge housing.

6. re attach the wire plug to the gauge cluster, turn on your park lights and make sure all the lights work, if they dont work remove the ones that dont and turn them 180 degrees,(dont pull out the bulb just rotate the housing piece the bulb fits in), do this till all the bulbs are working, and install everything back in the order it was removed. and your all set to go.

the gauges are really easy to take out in this car, i had a 94 chevy ck 1500 and it was a bit more time consuming and had the plug plus a cable running all to it.

i dont really see anything that can you can brake other if you dont take all your screws out, witch they are all able to be seen, comes apart easily!

Thanks
      I'll do you one better-- I took pictures

Scroll to bottom of this thread:
      http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f106/...09/index2.html

PS watch the windshield if you are pulling the connector for the first time. Better yet, use a small screwdriver and wiggle gently-- don't just use your thumb and pull up+down vigorously.
      HTH

Last edited by JusteR; 09-10-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast