•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backseat and Bench Removal?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by davids06aveo
      The bottom of the back seat in the sedan is very different from the hatch. First, pull up on the front of the bottom of the seat. Next, with the front semi lifted, push back and lift up. The bottom of the seat is just hooked in. No bolts or anything. I took mine out thinking I would save some weight and the sedan back seat really doesn't weigh much at all. Probably 20 pounds or less.
      its a start tho. i was thinkin about it but the backseat in my car gets used to many times for pickin up drunk friends at the bar and and makes a nice area to sleep when at work.-whoops did i say that to loud?

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Yeah, backseats come in handy . The other problem with the sedan is that if you have an after market exhaust, with the back of the seat gone, the noise gets really loud. The back seat kinda acts as an interior muffler. In my opinion, its really not worth it to remove the seat.
      "Go baby, GO!"

Thanks
      hehehe i love being able to hear the exhaust note-on short trips. yeh longer trips tho would be a pain, specially since i have no resonators to tone it down at all.

my thoughts on lightening up the car are this-if you are gonna remove things like a backseat you may as well start removing all interior trim, carpets, front seat, yada yada. just do it right instead of monkeying around with the lil bull**** things. then that way it will also be easier to make a full roll cage and add bracings for chassiss and suspension support. i should have added this to my above post lol.

Thanks
      + 1 I removed mine because I had a sheet of smoked plexi glass laying around and I was going to make an enclosure for some speakers. Then, i found out the sheet I had was too small. Should have measured first.
      "Go baby, GO!"

Thanks
      once i get some money and get me a really nice car *cough g6 or 8 gtp cough* im definetly gonna tear out the interior of the aveo and really start to mess my car up lol.

Thanks
      I am holding out for my Mazdaspeed3 and then the aveo gets gutted and my uncle has a V8 out of one of his mustangs that I am thinking I can make fit under the hood.
      "Go baby, GO!"

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by davids06aveo
      I am holding out for my Mazdaspeed3 and then the aveo gets gutted and my uncle has a V8 out of one of his mustangs that I am thinking I can make fit under the hood.
      mid engine mount with everything custom fabbed. thats about the only way it will fit unless you do a lot of choppin. then you may as well say **** it and try to make a monster truck out of it-LMAO! that would be a sight. imagine an aveo 4-5 ft off the ground with huge tires and a v-8 roar! HAHAHAHA! but if you are serious i think a mid engine mount would be the best way. i think the best bet would be to do the 2.2 eco swap. dont mess up ur uncles mustangs, those are true peices of american beauty and power.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hi I'm a new owner of an 2007 aveo5 hatchback and I am having a tough time with the back seat.
      I downloaded the manual it says I fold the seat down remove the 4 bolts 2 on each side of the split seat backs and then pull the seat out of the wheel house which I tried and could not do. Early in this post one person said the bottom seats fold up so the back is flat can anyone confirm? Thanks, David

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hi everyone, I'm sorry didn't know anyone replied!
      In the end the seats are easy but I didn't know that... If anyone needs to do it.

in front of the back back seats on the vertical section of the floor there are two 13mm bolts very tight!! you remove them. Then go to the rear and fold the seat down. Then you should see a plastic strap about 1/4" thick 4-6" long with a loop you pull that towards the back and it should click or release the seats there are two. Then you lift the seat up and out the back door/hatch.

It's a bear as the seat unfolds as you're doing this and if you had a tie-down strap it would make it easier to maneuver.

Thanks to all and it is heavy about 70-90lb estimate... and it's odd shaped..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123