What is this connector connected to? red/white, yellow, black, green. It's in your pic. but i can't tell what it goes to.
Name:  ghost-connector.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  21.8 KB
Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
UPDATE!!! After almost an entire year (my son was born 4 days after I started this thread), I finally completed the install in my 2010 Aveo.

I used an Avital 4103LX, which is DEI brand, Viper, Clifford, Python, etc. About $45 on Amazon. And I used a PKUAVEO bypass, which was another $50 or so.

It's possible that only Canadians need to use the bypass, I'm not sure. But I thought I'd pass on a couple pics and if anyone has any questions, ask away.

The first pic is of the PKUAVEO's wiring, and how it works with the remote starter. The second pic is the immobilizer module that slips over the ignition tumbler. I thought it was funny that on it, it said "Daewoo", made in Korea, for my Canadian market Aveo, built in Mexico. Anyway, third and fourth pics are of the green ignition switch harness where most of the magic needs to happen.

Attachment 8570Attachment 8571Attachment 8572Attachment 8573

Took 10 to 12 hours or so over 2 consecutive mornings/afternoons. It was only my 2nd remote starter install, so a good chunk of that time was spent scratching my head on what I had screwed up. Turns out, the one wire I just took for granted and assumed I was right on, was the hoodpin. I had temporarily grounded it thinking it needed to see ground to simulate the hood being closed so it could operate. Feeling pretty dejected in the afternoon of day 1, I posted to the12volt.com with all my wiring, and that night it was pointed out, that when the hood is up, it's grounded, and that's why I was getting no life out of the darn thing. Sure enough, removed the hoodpin wire from the ground, and it sprang to life. Duh, rookie mistake. The only wire you actually need to run to the engine bay, is the hoodpin. (Which is now all hooked up and functional.)

Couple other things of note. I was trying to run the antenna loop in way more complicated ways then need be. (under the immoblizer, etc). The simplest way, was the best way. Just as close to the end of the tumbler as possible, even slightly over the immoblizer ring. It fits just behind the plastic steering column cover as it goes over the tumbler. Also, to get the steering column cover off, besides the 3 obvious screws underneath, there's also 2 more screws that face the driver that are hidden behind the steering wheel. You'll need to turn the steering wheel once each way to access the screws. This is also a good tip if you're adding cruise control to your Aveo. It seems obvious now, but I struggled to get the cover off when I added cruise, so I just said screw it and left it on. Didn't see that there was 2 more screws that needed to come out.

There's a ton of info out there on the interwebs, like the wire colors/locations, etc. Just need a little courage to start splicing into your cars wires and a good back to be working up in awkward spots at times. Hope this helps anyone else giving this a shot.