•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amp placement

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Amp placement

Has anyone put their amp under the passenger seat?

I'm looking for an out of the way spot that won't take any of the little space we get for storage.

Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks
      i was thinking about it, but decided either the amp wont fit or you would have to do some fabricating to mount it there. I got the idea because my mom's pontiac vibe's oem amp is located under the front seat.

I just decided to mount it on the back of the rear seats. Its out of the way and its easy to mount. it also looks pretty good.

there are pics on my cardomain if you want to see it.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I put my amp and cap on the smaller rear seat (theres the small folding part of the back seat and the bigger one). Like steve said, it works pretty well cause it's not in the way, and nobody can steal it without having to unscrew it.

Also the wierd thing about the rear seat is that its right on top of an elevated part of the car's underbody, in other words right under the seat is metal, no "space" under it. If you look under the car, right in front of the gas tank, where your muffler pipe is, it's an elevated channel.

The only way to fit an amp would be to take out the seat and cut out some of the foam in the shape of the amp, but then you gotta worry about heat.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I put Both Amps & My Cap on the Back Seat, The Makes the back Seat Into one Big Amp Rack, When Im not driving anyone around i let the back seat fold down so the amps can breathe. I've got some pics of it in my Garage.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      AN amp under the front pax seat is a bad idea. If you have someone weigh enough they'll put the padding of the seat right on you amp. Your amp will blow or their ass will burn.

Thanks
      it depends on how it is mounted under the front seat. another problem is if it is too low, the people in the back seat could kick it, so you would have to make some kind of guard to protect it.

but yeah it does sound like a lot of people are mounting them on the back of the rear seat, so it shows its a good idea!

but i do like the idea of under the front seat better though. that way all you see in the trunk/hatch is the sub.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      If you put it under the heat, better hope theres a good air flow getting to it.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyson
      If you put it under the heat, better hope theres a good air flow getting to it.
      yeah thats true
      but speaking of under the seat, it seems like it would actually get better airflow there, than in the trunk where there is no air flow, right? Its just the hassle of getting it put there without you sitting on it when the seat goes down and it not getting kicked.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The trunks not bad even for heat but if your worried then just put in a 6inch fan or two.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      my amp gets no air flow in my trunk, and shuts off when it gets too hot. i have a sedan so i can just put the back seat down on that side- and it helps a bit, but it still gets too hot.

Low n Slow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast