•  

Thread: Air Conditioning Noise?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Air Conditioning Noise?

I have a 2005 Aveo. I had an aftermarket A/C unit installed by the dealership when I bought it new. At 14,000 miles it started making a noise [kind of like a card in the spoke] at the A/C compressor. The dealership replaced the unit and 14,000 miles later I am having the same noise. The dealer initially said they couldn't duplicate the noise [shocker.. and typical response from a dealership]. So, I went over and sat with these guys and 'wow' they could suddenly hear it. Long story short they went out to the brand new models and heard the same noise but 'much much much' quieter. Has anybody else had this problem? Heard this noise?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Air Conditioning Noise?

can you get an audio of it?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: Air Conditioning Noise?

mine came stock with AC and has that sound ever since I can remember, it only comes on when I use it at the lowest speed, but I dont think its anything to worry about.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      mine dealer installed AC. It has the same noise too.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I have factory installed AC and it made this noise all the time when it was on either defog, or defog and foot vent settings (but not on any other). I brought it in to get it fixed under warranty and they replaced the blower motor and claimed that the fan blades were bent. It stopped for awhile but seems to have started again though it does not occur all the time and isn't nearly as loud. Seems to me like there is some other underlying issue that is causing this noise. I will try to get an audio clip of mine to see if it is the same issue/so you understand what we mean.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      My compressor sounds noisy too....kinda like my Prizm did before the compresser tossed its cookies. It started a few months after I put it in. The compressor came out of a car with 10k so I'd say it started making the noise after about 20-25k miles. It only bothers me when I turn the stereo down.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      My 08 Aveo has a slight whine when running the AC at the loweest speed, but it seems to stop when I turn it up higher.