•  

Thread: 09 Aveo bluetooth radio options

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question 09 Aveo bluetooth radio options

First time caller long time listener.

I have a loaded (I believe) 09 Aveo. At that time they were only putting Bluetooth in the other cars for some reason. Here I am now in 2014 totally jelly when I see a friend sit in their car and the radio just starts streaming from the phone. Also auto calls through the speakers.

I've been looking at radios that can do that, but honestly the Aveo's dash shape in that area is going to make just about anything look wonky as hell with annoying space above and below. I can't have that. Also my other issue is with the mounting microphone that comes with alot of these radios. I have the OnStar mic, hmmm. So i'm wondering if I could maintain that mic if I had a new factory radio unit put in, like the one I see in the Spark, which totally seems like it would fit that space. But will it still maintain the built in mic for phone calls too or am I wishful thinking? I also don't want to pull out the radio and replace it if that takes away my OnStar features in case there is a point in the future when I need them.

I am open to any other suggestions or success stories.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Car GPS Navigation Bluetooth iPod Radio Aux MP3 TV DVD USB Fit Chevrolet GMC | eBay

not 100% sure, but it "seems" like it was oem in other markets?

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      If you go with a Double DIN unit, I don't think it looks too "wonky" in my opinion. But everyone has their own taste. I would think if you DID find a factory unit that was compatible, you'll probably pay a pretty good penny for it.

Here's a couple pics of mine. Name:  radio1.jpg
Views: 3277
Size:  88.1 KBName:  radio2.jpg
Views: 2419
Size:  77.1 KB

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Could you perhaps link where you found your stereo? It looks like a great fit! I am so over my stock stereo. It no longer plays CDs but will eat them. It will try to load a CD that isn't there and will change the input from radio or AUX to CD and just make a loading sound. I'd like to find one like yours that does it all so I can use the bluetooth to play spotify or whatever most of the time, but I can still plug in an old MP3 player or load one of my old CDs if I'm feeling nostalgic.

I want to find a kit and good stereo and swap it myself instead of paying whatever my local audio guy will want to charge for fooling around in my car.

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Go with Crutchfield. Especially if you’ve never done a stereo before. They’ll include the instructions specific to your vehicle and the necessary wiring adapters and install pieces are usually included for free.

So essentially go to Crutchfield.com. Go to car stereos. They’ll ask you for your vehicles info and then shop for Double DIN (large sized) stereos. There’s even reasonably priced touch screen stereos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoisonIvy For This Useful Post:

Ovgol (06-11-2019)