•  

Thread: Where To Buy 'Rust Converter'......in SMALL Quantity ?

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Where To Buy 'Rust Converter'......in SMALL Quantity ?

Hey. I am getting some VERY small spots/lines of rust around the drainholes, and starting on the seams on my hatch, on the inside of the hatch. I assume the holes drain out rainwater from the panel if it gets in. Anyway, it is VERY minor, as you can see. I JUST took the pics. I use to have an 'anti rust pen', it looks exactly like touch up paint in the pen form. I looked online and there are all these 'rust converters' in quart/gallon and bigger sizes. but I cant find the pen sized one. I of course dont remember the name of the company that made it, and I hope still makes it. But I dont need a quart, or a spray bottle of this stuff. The pen is perfect, it goes on either with a soft brush, or with a thin 'pin tip', just like touch up paint in a tube does.

Does anyone have this product I am talking about and can tell me where you got it? Or do you recall who makes it and where to find it? It turns rust into that black 'galvanized' metal and stops the rust. Just paint over the new 'metal' and its fixed. I am seeing videos on 'YouTube' with guys using an acid spray, phosphoric acid, to fix there BIG patches of rust.

But it comes in a big spray bottle, and I dont want to spray it all over the paint and my interior, and I only need a tiny amount. That pen i HAD lasted through like 10 cars/trucks, for tiny spots of rust from rocks/door dings. The stuff on 'You Tube' is called 'Rust-Mort'. I looked it up online but cant find it in a small size. This pen size was perfect, so of course it probably isn't made anymore! But I figured I would ask in here and see if anyone has it, or knows where to find it. Thanks all.Name:  rust 003.JPG
Views: 489
Size:  172.1 KB

Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by FlaAveo5; 04-11-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: add picture

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I've never seen a rust convertor that works, nor have I seen one in a pen.

If you dont want to buy anything that is going to stick around, buy some coca-cola and use aluminum foil to rub it into the rust. Clean it with some water/dawn soap, then find a good enamel based nail polish that matches the car to brush touch it once it dries.

Thanks

Found it...in England!

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      I've never seen a rust convertor that works, nor have I seen one in a pen.

If you dont want to buy anything that is going to stick around, buy some coca-cola and use aluminum foil to rub it into the rust. Clean it with some water/dawn soap, then find a good enamel based nail polish that matches the car to brush touch it once it dries.
      Well I found what i was looking for, in England! Its in a tiny bottle with a brush, just like touch up paint, its about $6.00 and $8 to ship it. It is a rust converter, there are lots of them here in the states, but only in large quantities. Like quarts and gallons. This one is for cars, like door dings/rock nicks.

I just have to chip off the thin layer of paint and sealant, i assume, on those lines of rust in the pics., then put this rust converter on it, paint it a few times, and then clear coat it a few times over a period of days. (I put clearcoat on the areas for the past 3 years, thinking it would stop the surface rust, and it did for 3 years, but now it is getting bigger). So before it is RUST, and I need a new hatch or BIG rust repair, I am going to do it myself. Still cant find it in the USA..that sucks. But it is a big seller in the UK for car rust, like this, surface rust. Thanks guy. If anyone comes up with it in the USA, please let me know. It is called 'Fertan Rust Destroyer'. Would rather get it in the US...if anyone finds it.
      Last edited by FlaAveo5; 04-12-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks
      I'd just buy a spray can or see if the local autoparts store has a smaller bottle of it. If you can only get the spray can just spray it into a container and then use a small brush or something to apply it. The cost will be quite similar and you don't have to worry about overseas shipping!

Thanks

Its On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      I'd just buy a spray can or see if the local autoparts store has a smaller bottle of it. If you can only get the spray can just spray it into a container and then use a small brush or something to apply it. The cost will be quite similar and you don't have to worry about overseas shipping!
      Well I ordered it and its on the way from England. This stuff is apparently big in England and Germany. It is on EBay ,but only from England and Germany. Fixing that rust on those new Mercedes!! This is the stuff I used in the pen I was looking for.
      It turns the rust into an inert 'metal', it stops rust, it doesnt 'encapsulate' it, and then new rust 'grows' next to it. It chemically changes it to a black type metal I cant spell,....sorry. Then put a few coats of touch up paint on it, then clear coats layers, and its fixed. I know it works on surface rust and tiny nicks, dont know about rust rot. But I have never had a car with rust rot on it. I will post pics as I fix these spots and show how well it works. The brush in this 30ML bottle, just like touch up paint, looks like it will be easier maybe than the pen type I had before.