•  

Thread: what kind of glue??

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

what kind of glue??

I want to repair the cracked front piece on my car just below the fog lights. It seems like the car's previous owner must have hit too high a curb and cracked up the bottom front part of the car, it seems like plastic to me, it's clean breaks so if I think some glue should repair it, is there anything I should get specifically to glue this? and suggestions as to what will work?

I did a search but couldn't seem to find anything ...

Thanks,

Thanks
      If it is clean crack glue will probably work just dont know how well it would hold up over time. I have had goodluck with any name brand of gorilla glue epoxy just make sure whatever you get specifies for plastic use. I think a better alternative would be trying to find someone that can plastic weld it and add touchup color afterwards. I had a wrecked four wheeler and crack plastics numerous spots, I found a guy locally that welded the pieces back together by melting them and then sanding to blend however will alter color little bit so will need to touch up paint to blend in. Just my thoughts tho. goodluck

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by rg89 View Post
      If it is clean crack glue will probably work just dont know how well it would hold up over time. I have had goodluck with any name brand of gorilla glue epoxy just make sure whatever you get specifies for plastic use. I think a better alternative would be trying to find someone that can plastic weld it and add touchup color afterwards. I had a wrecked four wheeler and crack plastics numerous spots, I found a guy locally that welded the pieces back together by melting them and then sanding to blend however will alter color little bit so will need to touch up paint to blend in. Just my thoughts tho. goodluck

Thank you for the response, I think I'll have success just gluing the cracks back together as they all line up and the pressure keeps them joined, I just want some good stuff to hold it more permanently...I'll check out this gorilla glue you speak of...if anyone else has any suggestions it will be much appreciated. Thanks again for the tips!!