•  

Thread: Opening Dirty/Faded Headlight Units. Is it Possilbe???

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Opening Dirty/Faded Headlight Units. Is it Possilbe???

Is it possible to open the headlight units?? And then, glue them back together somehow??
      To clean the INSIDE of them? (ALL of the film/dirt,whatever in the pics. is inside the units.)

I have replaced mine 2 times already. At over $160 per set! This last set lasted all of about 6 months. Then they started to get crappy 'fog' INSIDE the lights. It is not yellowing on the outside. It is like the plastic is degrading on the inside. This is the best I can show this in pictures.

All this 'dirt/film/crap is on the inside. I just detailed the car for like 4hrs! It is spotless on the outside now
      All this 'stuff' is on the inside of the headlights.

Anyone have an idea of how to cut them open? Or is there a seam that I don't see, that they will just snap apart at, then snap back together at the same points??
      OR are they 'sealed' forever...till they crack from old age and get water on the inside one day??? I have tried to clean up this on the inside with the bulbs out, but I cant put enough pressure on it to see if ANY of this will come off.

I don't have the money to buy yet another set. BUT this cloudy film has been there for like 3 yrs now. It is almost impossible to see with them at night. Beside they make the car look its 13yrs of age. Ideas of how to open and then close them. Then sealing them or gluing them, will be greatly appreciated.

Name:  ALOEHOYAAVEOHEADLITES2019 019.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  226.7 KBName:  ALOEHOYAAVEOHEADLITES2019 020.JPG
Views: 433
Size:  194.9 KB

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Strange, mine is 8 years old and absolutely spotless inside ?
      Sounds like another problem, maybe pirate part?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DuncanG For This Useful Post:

FlaAveo5 (05-28-2019)

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks
      The outside of the original ones turned yellow after like 3 years, polished them for a few years till I got tired of the ugly results.

Then a second set took another 4 yrs. Then I got this set, and within months it got this film/'cloudiness' inside the lens, so I cant clean them. And it seems from the lack of answers, i guess they cant be cut opened and cleaned. So...I get to save up for yet another set. Another $180+++