•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installation of Razzi or Duraflex Ground effect Aveo bodykit

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Installation of Razzi or Duraflex Ground effect Aveo bodykit

Anyone using the above Razzi or Duraflex body kit for Aveo?

Did you take any installation pictures? I have ordered a set for my self. Cost me $700+ for the shipping to singapore. The kit itself is another $600+. I have yet to receive it. will be receiving it the next few days. But wonder how will the installation be like? Is it double sided tape or riveted installation?

Any pictures from your installation? Pls share.

Do I need to cut my front bumper or rear bumper lower portion? Will I need to forgo my front fog lamp?

I'll keep it and add a turbo pacmanaveo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Installation of Razzi or Duraflex Ground effect Aveo bodykit

The are. Twp hole for screwson both sides of the lip front and back. And you may need to cut a hole in the front bumper. Well I did . The side skirts are pretty simple juxt need two screws on the font and rear of the skirt and a couple of more screws. Along the inside of the door

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

$1300 for the body kit? Ouch.

Thanks

Just received the kit today. Its Duraflex fibre. I dun think its the flexible one shown in video. It looks hard and crispy. Grills installed already on the kit.

Just a question, do I need to cut the front bumper to fit this thing? Can original fog light still works with this kit?

Any picture of your car with this kit?

What do you use to paste or stick the kit? Glue or double side tapes?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

i always thought it was a bolt on kit of sorts...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i think it goes on with urethane or two sided tape. but as far as cutting underneath, that depends on the kit.. i dont have an aveo kit, nor have i seen one. but usually the worst kits give you a template that has a few inches of overlap where the glue goes and then you "clamp" it together until it dries. i have seen a few work with two sided tape. alot of the installer around here use glue and screws, and then fiberglass over all the seems.. but this eventually cracks.

Thanks

Some pictures to share.

Front

Rear

Left

Right

Thanks

Inside view

No clips or screw holes (although the packs came with few screws and nuts). Need to drill own holes at the wheel arches there. No double sided tape or silicon glues supplied also.

I guess the original razzi is clipped on. This is from extr*me dimensi"n (a copy cat design with different material). I guess its not that quality stuffs, although it claimed its bumper can be twisted or folded in those utube video. I see mine is quite crispy just like normal fibre. I guess its different from the one in the video. Anyway its cheaper by few hundreds.

Not sure whether the glue used will damage the paintwork of original bumper. I am planning to sell the bodykit separately in a few years time when I scrape my car. So best is not to spoilt the paint work inside. Is this urethane u mention some sort of glue?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

it looks like it is built well. but those cheaper kist usually don't have the mounting lips on the backsides like the good ones do. that makes using 2 sided tape nearly impossible.

the rockers look like you'll need to attach a 90* piece to attach it to the car. right now there isn't a good way to attach perpendicularly.
      if you were making the kit permanent , i could recommend a lot of easy solutions. but since you say its not permanent you will need to modify the kit, to attach to the car. i could try to help you more, but will need to come up with drawings..

as for the urethane it would work for both bumpers. but it will destroy the paint. you have to prep both side with 80 grit paper for adhesion. Fusor, Kent, Duramix, etc are what i would use to mount them, structural panel bond adhesive would work best. they are two part epoxy urethanes that are around $30 a tube here. and you will also need the gun. you will probably use 2 tubes over the whole car. if you also use it for the rocker covers..

I would probably make the kit permanent by removing the rest of the bumper you don't need/see. and then when you sell it, swap bumper with the buyer..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      it looks like it is built well. but those cheaper kist usually don't have the mounting lips on the backsides like the good ones do. that makes using 2 sided tape nearly impossible.

the rockers look like you'll need to attach a 90* piece to attach it to the car. right now there isn't a good way to attach perpendicularly.

I would probably make the kit permanent by removing the rest of the bumper you don't need/see. and then when you sell it, swap bumper with the buyer..
      Yes, swapping bumper seems like good idea. Then at least I can make it permanent and not worry abt paint destroyed.
      Thanks, you really are great asset to this forum with your experience and great advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast