•  

Thread: Fog light wiring

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Fog light wiring

I need some guidance/advice.
      I picked up a set of factory fog lights and pigtails from the salvage yard. I also picked up a wiring kit (with a relay and fuse included) from autozone.

What can i tap into for a keyed/switched power source (key off, power off/key on, power on)?
      Ideally id like to have them on with the parking lights. I'm just not sure what to tap into to do so.

These use the h3 55w bulbs. Unlike the hatchbacks and older sedans which I've found to use the 880 bulbs.

I've found h3 100w bulbs at Menards. Could those cause any melting issues at all?
      Has anyone used leds in the fog lights?
      Id like yellow for better visibility in the snow that we tend to get here in Minnesota. Either from a yellow bulb or yellow tint.

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks
      As you have had lots of reads and no replies, I thought I would share some of my limited and not so relevant experience.

Here in Aus, the Fog Lights can only be switched on with the parking lights on.
      My suggestion is to use yellow and low wattage, 55 watt in yellow should be adequate in fog.
      In the 1980s I took a Citoen 2VC back to France from Jersey and replaced the headlight globes with 35/45 watt yellow, I ended up leaving them in for two years for all my driving, both in France and Jersey. I still have the yellow globes, in the shed, as I replaced them with 45/55 Watt Halogen to comply with local laws on my return to Aus.

I hope this encourages you with the AVEO project.
      Last edited by gclark8; 01-01-2019 at 07:19 PM.
      no image

Thanks
      I am also interested in fog lights, however I will wire my way, instead of factory type, I will use correct wiring, & go from battery to a relay, then relay to a switch, the to low beam wiring, as laws here state fog can be used only on low beam, but I will not have the wiring on same circuit as headlights, just use headlight circuit as a way to cut on power from relay from battery, to lights.

look up old GMC truck heavy duty headlight wring, & modify to your use, but that takes all load off headlight switch, & allows more powerful bubs & not burn wiring up. whether legal or not

Thanks
      Hey, I found a video that almost the same problem of yours' on youtube but I forget the title and url, just search it on youtube maybe that could help