•  

Thread: Factory Paint Issues?

I'll keep it and add a turbo MatchboxKiller's Avatar
      Thanks

Factory Paint Issues?

With the bumpers being made of a TPO material, I was just wondering if anyone else has had any trouble with the paint on their cars? this happened after I washed my bumper in class, and then spent the next semester trying to get it painted during lab. I eventually got it done though, and it has surprised many tests done that killed the factory paint. like washing and using an air nozzle to dry it off.

E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Factory Paint Issues?

just the bumper? most factory bumpers are paint with only chemical adhesion and no physical adhesion. that still does not typically happen unless you put like 100lbs of pressure on it. are you sure thats the original bumper?

Thanks

Yeah it was just the bumper. It started at the side markers and at that point I said screw it and wanted to see how far it'd go. I had just gotten done repairing a gauge in the plastic in the center of the bumper, and washed it to get it ready for paint. I used my blow gun to dry the water off of the car, and that's when it come up. Like I said, I was prepping it for paint anyways, so it did not bother me that it came off, I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with it.
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

my yellow on the bumper and fender have yet to fade in the florida sun, though the rest of the car has ( a good buff job will be done soon). If at best, maybe the warrenty will cover it if you did not want to paint it

Thanks

I painted it in my autobody class after it happened. Cost me a grand total of $17 to fix the gauge that was put into it(not pictured), and to repaint it. I wasn't horribly upset when it happened though, just because it was getting washed to get ready to be painted anyways. The pictures I just posted in my other thread are the bumper after it was redone. But like I said in there, ignore the dry spot, I started running out of clear and was already late getting out of class

E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!