•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct Bolt Up front bumper covers

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Direct Bolt Up front bumper covers

Anyone with direct experience of knowledge of alternative front bumper covers ( factory only )that will bolt up in place of the stock 2008 Aveo 5 piece? By bolt up I mean direct fastener for fastener bolt up with the hood and fenders aligning and ,atching the join profile of the cover where it borders the hood and front fenders. Looking for a front piece that has different styling without the long, amber integrated parking/turn signal lamp cutouts and don't really care if it's from a Daewoo labeled version of an Aveo or a Barina or Suzi Swift etc. though would prefer a domestic or Canadian alternative to keep the shipping sane. Thanks in advance. Seeking a more aggressive look.

Steve

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      if you want factory only, and not change the hood or fenders, what you have is your only option.

Thanks
      Ok, so that I understand, no Barina, Kalos, Swift, G3, Wave or Aveo sedan or hatch front bumper cover is a direct replacement ( understand that different headlight openings exist ) where the leading edge cut of the hood and the leading edge border of the existing fenders match an alternative cover? Would consider next best scenario of present hood but different fenders to correctly match up a different cover. Thanks.
      Steve
      Last edited by Avezoh; 10-05-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      If you are willing to swap headlights and grill, you could do a kalos conversion. the g3 is refaced like the 09, the earlier wave and swift has the same bumper in the us/canada market as the aveo irrc. Not sure what the earlier holden had, but it would most lightly be the kalos with a different grill.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Not sure what the earlier holden had, but it would most lightly be the kalos with a different grill.
      question answered.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      If you are willing to swap headlights and grill, you could do a kalos conversion. the g3 is refaced like the 09, the earlier wave and swift has the same bumper in the us/canada market as the aveo irrc. Not sure what the earlier holden had, but it would most lightly be the kalos with a different grill.
      Yes, I could do this in steps. The biggy now, since a truck backed into my bumper cover and punctured/dented it, is, for the money, to replace the bumper cover with another that I can change the other attendant items ( headlamps/grille as is convenient/affordable in the next two/three months ). In the mean, if I have to use bailing wire, rubber tubing, tape, safety wire ( got plenty) whatever to hold the lamps in place and simply leave the grille off, getting a bumper cover from the closest country that would have one is the intent. What countries did/does the Kalos get sold in?

Steve

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Avezoh View Post
      Yes, I could do this in steps. The biggy now, since a truck backed into my bumper cover and punctured/dented it, is, for the money, to replace the bumper cover with another that I can change the other attendant items ( headlamps/grille as is convenient/affordable in the next two/three months ). In the mean, if I have to use bailing wire, rubber tubing, tape, safety wire ( got plenty) whatever to hold the lamps in place and simply leave the grille off, getting a bumper cover from the closest country that would have one is the intent. What countries did/does the Kalos get sold in?

Steve
      I believe the cars with the Kalos front end were as follows:
      Holden Barina hatchback (Australia)
      Daewoo Kalos (South Korea)
      Chevrolet Kalos (portions of europe)
      Chevrolet Aveo (Certain portions of the world, like South America. North America didn't get this front end :'( )
      South America:
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Thanks
      Thanks all. Will do the research to find the best availability/country/sales path(ebay or directly from a dealer in the country of origin/shipping.

Steve

Banned
      Thanks
      I have been looking into the kalos swap for a while. If you can get ahold of this guy, I'm sure he can hook you up with the required parts.
      http://blogs.myspace.com/kinkymotorsports

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      yeah kinkys front end conversion is about what you need, if he can be reached, and the price is unchanged since he posted that.

I personally say leave the damaged bumper until you have all the parts to fix your car with the complete conversion. running around with even a hole will look better than rigging the turn signals etc. And youll probably screw up parts if you rig it for a short time. (scratches etc)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast