•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CARBON FIBER HOODS

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

CARBON FIBER HOODS

I ordered one for my car just waiting for it to come in. But it is only the oem style. are there any other hood designs out there in carbon fiber. i had to get a hood though, damn brakes locked up and caused a accident, to many details, no mech damage though just messed the hood up and dented a fender, bent the radiator support to but figured if i was going to buy parts might as well buy cool stuff for better looks but cannot find headlights either, and just found the turns but too late.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      There is another hood design in the works... wait a few months and it'll be available at a very affordable price.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      nice are you working on some hoods mr. raven, dont forget the sedan guys

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I didn't forget you...These new hoods will fit ALL Aveo from 2004-2007 Hatch, and same generation sedan 2004-2005.

As far as youguys with the Gen. 2 Aveo...I don't have the original stuff to work on aftermarket parts, all I got is an 04 Hatch, so that is what I mainly work for.

Thanks
      damit so you did forget me lol.
      cant wait to see your stuff

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Send us a stock hood and we will make one how you want...

lol shipping on that would be killer...

We are searching around for an 07 in the junkyard we can pull parts off of to start on. It's hard when everyone that is willing to be a test car is an 04-06... no 07s in the Tulsa area it seems... not many 04-06s either...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      we will keep an eye aout for parts.
      Low n Slow

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

bad news

i got word today that the company i ordered my CF hood from no longer makes it for the aveo. the company doing my work for me said they are now fighting with the company to refund all the money and im stuck with a steel hood. I believe it was slick car i ordered from. are there any companies out there that have one for the aveo hatch mine is an 06

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: bad news

Quote Originally Posted by aveoindanati
      i got word today that the company i ordered my CF hood from no longer makes it for the aveo. the company doing my work for me said they are now fighting with the company to refund all the money and im stuck with a steel hood. I believe it was slick car i ordered from. are there any companies out there that have one for the aveo hatch mine is an 06

ah yes i ordered one from slickcar.com also and got the same thing. just call em and tell em u want a refund. when it happened to me it took me a matter of 5 minutes to do.

u pretty much just gotta look around for one. i got mine off e-bay, but if there is nothing wrong with ur stock hood then u may as well keep it that way. there is not a hell of alot of weight difference and its mainly cosmetic looks ur gonna get out of it. (which holds true for any cf hood on any car i guess). just be happy with ur stocker.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: bad news

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      Quote Originally Posted by aveoindanati

ah yes i ordered one from slickcar.com also and got the same thing. just call em and tell em u want a refund. when it happened to me it took me a matter of 5 minutes to do.

u pretty much just gotta look around for one. i got mine off e-bay, but if there is nothing wrong with ur stock hood then u may as well keep it that way. there is not a hell of alot of weight difference and its mainly cosmetic looks ur gonna get out of it. (which holds true for any cf hood on any car i guess). just be happy with ur stocker.
      i probably depends on the quality of stuff the company is using too though, and how heavy the stock hood is to begin with. i went to the corvette museum and they had a display of when the switched to carbon fiber hoods and there was like a 10lb difference.

the aveos body is really thin, and lightweight. thats why many of us have atleast one ding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast