•  

Thread: who thinks this is a good idea

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

who thinks this is a good idea

pauter connecting rods and a set of low comp wiscoe pistons
      with a t3 or t3/t4 turbo and a small front mount running 5 lbs of boost with a 2 inch exhaust and of course a set of black 16's and a set of lowering springs to add to my newly added kicker comp tens and kennwood deck would any one say that would
      make a nice aveo cuz those are my plans already got some of it done o yea and finish my window tint already got short throw
      lol sorry to rant so my only problem isfinding a manifold and also does anyone know if we havea dohc or sohc

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      As far as I know the 1.6L has the DOHC, right?
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

Thanks
      yes DOHC

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: who thinks this is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by aveo22ss
      pauter connecting rods and a set of low comp wiscoe pistons
      with a t3 or t3/t4 turbo and a small front mount running 5 lbs of boost with a 2 inch exhaust and of course a set of black 16's and a set of lowering springs to add to my newly added kicker comp tens and kennwood deck would any one say that would
      make a nice aveo cuz those are my plans already got some of it done o yea and finish my window tint already got short throw
      lol sorry to rant so my only problem isfinding a manifold and also does anyone know if we havea dohc or sohc
      i would say ...theres so many things wrong with that. if you just running 5lbs of boost plus FMIC you don't need low comp wiscoe pistons or pauter connecting rods, hell you don't even really need the connecting rods at all unless you goin full out race drag car. now im thinking if you do wanna build the bottom end what the heck is the point of $1500+ wasted if you are just run 5lbs of boost which could quite frankly be ran with out an intercooler with tuning because with the intercooler u will just lose part of the 5lbs of pressure. all in all its a bad idea too many conflicting things. run 5lbs of boost on stock compression with a tiny ass FMIC, the point of lower compression pistons is for those wanting to run like 15+lbs of boost. heck we are already at 9.5:1 and thats considered low compression by a lot of other people. honestly thhe best way for me to put it is that its an oxymoron...say you just use the lower compression pistons do you gain any power? (please for the love of god say no) no actually you will lose power.then tack on the turbo with 5lbs of boost and you will just make back what you lost

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      +1!!!
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      Either up the boost or don't build the bottom end so much like what has already been said. Sure you'll have an insanely bullet proof setup but it's way over the top. Also, even with 5lbs go with 2.5" all the way back. It takes allot to go to big with a turbo exhaust and that'll give you room to play. Even at 5lbs 2.5" over 2" will probably allow your turbo to spool faster.

Hell with 5lbs and lower compression you could probably run 87 octane

Thanks
      dont forget injectors if you up the boost

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      huh, im puttin an intercooler on mine im gonna try and run between 7-9 pounds of boost (yes i upped myself from my original 5-7 pounds.)

but yeh after careful consideration i dunno if i will run the pistons cus i only got so much student loan cash and i got a few bills to pay off as well, and not to mention im kind of behind on car payments- (*shakes head in shame and slinks away*)
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      i havent been on in a few days but yes i realize that low compression pistons lower hp i just dont want pistons and rods going on me i use my car its my daily driver and i want it to be reliable even if it means not that much of a power increase does any one know where to get a turbo manifold and wat kind of places would do the oil lines im weary about doing it myself with the aluminum oil pan after seeing the turbod aveos the few that are out there and looking at there set up i dont ' really see this being that hard ive turbod 2 other cars know and this actually seems like its going to be easier than the other 2 so let me know

Thanks
      if you think it's an easy DIY set-up it's not... there is no manifold currently being made, there is a very tiny space for the set-up, amongst other things...

If xStevex ever replies to my messages and sends me my Head I bought from him, I will have the turbo set-up finished pretty quickly...

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed