Author Topic: Weapon R (Read 228 times)
flybanger46
Idle User

Weapon R
« Thread Started on Jun 23, 2006, 1:43am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapon R now has an intake for 04+ Aveos. Check it out...

http://www.weapon-r.com/store/agora.cgi ... nc=search2
Link to Post - Back to Top 68.234.127.134

muffinman
Idle User

Re: Weapon R
« Reply #1 on Jun 23, 2006, 2:35am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ordered one, they shipped the wrong parts. I'm waiting to see if they take it back. I wouldn't order from Weapon R again. Buy Aveosam's CAI. I won't make that mistake again.

(full review after I see if they credit me back)
Link to Post - Back to Top 70.36.243.130

keiji22
Idle User

Dont eat the bacon, it tastes like pork...

« Reply #2 on Nov 16, 2006, 12:39am »

I have the Weapon R Intake. They sent me all the right parts. I installed it in under an hour. It was a Cajun Food removing the Air Temp sensor, but I got it out finally. But I like the intake. It makes the engine sound great, with a super-low hum. I'll upload some sound-bytes later.
Link to Post - Back to Top 205.188.116.65

"It's hard to face your problem, when your problem is your face."

AveoSam
Administrator

Rice Cooker
member is online

Rev-X

« Reply #3 on Nov 16, 2006, 10:16am »

slapping just a filter on the end of the stock intake pipe makes the same noise and is just as effective
Link to Post - Back to Top 205.188.116.65

CHECK OUT MY AVEO
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224437

keiji22
Idle User

Dont eat the bacon, it tastes like pork...

« Reply #4 on Nov 16, 2006, 12:03pm »

LOL! BUT THE PRETTY ALUMINUM PIPE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!
Link to Post - Back to Top 64.12.116.130

"It's hard to face your problem, when your problem is your face."

shapinoweno
Idle User

« Reply #5 on Nov 16, 2006, 12:22pm »

nice find, i just built my own intake with a civic intake tube and cone air filter, it sounds great, but the only thing is the mass aif flow would not fit in the tube, so i had to trim down part of the plastic on the maf to get it to fit. it does not fit sung right now, but i am not throwing any codes. when i get home today i am going to install a gromet so that the maf sits snug.
aveosam is right though, just a filter on the stock intake tube would have gave you that sound. and if you went the way i did for $65 you could have the nice sound, and have a polished intake tube
Link to Post - Back to Top 171.69.83.148

07 aveo sedan, 5 speed, h&r drop springs, kustom short ram intake, silverstar headlights, rollin on steelys

see some pics: http://www.cardomain.com/id/boxkiller

AveoSam
Administrator

Rice Cooker
member is online

Rev-X

« Reply #6 on Nov 16, 2006, 1:14pm »

if its the spectre intake tube...good luck with that its only plastic and some who did what you did already had the intake pipe crack
Link to Post - Back to Top 152.163.100.66

CHECK OUT MY AVEO

shapinoweno
Idle User

« Reply #7 on Nov 16, 2006, 1:46pm »

ok well it is a spectra, and i seen the one made out of plastic at pep boys, what a piece of crap imo. but at auto zone they sell a spectra intake tube that is polished aluminum made for various honda/acuas. it was forty bucks. its a 3in tube and it only comes in posished aluminum. i would never put that plastic one on. the intake does get kinda hot in the engine bay so i would be worried about the plastic melting or the finsh getting screwed up from the heat.lol

07 aveo sedan, 5 speed, h&r drop springs, kustom short ram intake, silverstar headlights, rollin on steelys

kirbycope
Idle User

2007 Aveo Hatchback 1.6L

« Reply #8 on Nov 16, 2006, 8:26pm »

which civic intake model works?
Link to Post - Back to Top 68.167.189.6

shapinoweno
Idle User

« Reply #9 on Nov 17, 2006, 12:28pm »

the intake tube i got for my aveo was a universal one that worked on sevral models.
i remember it worked on civics 96-00 and acura legand, and a few others. auto zone was the onsly place i could find that had this intake tube (poilshed aluminum) for $40. it also has a tube for the pcv, and a hole for the ma sensor. the hole for the maf was to small, and i had to trim down the plastic on the maf to get it to fit.but all is working well. hope this helps

mtlswift
Diesel User

« Reply #10 on Nov 17, 2006, 1:59pm »

Nov 17, 2006, 12:28pm, shapinoweno wrote:and a hole for the ma sensor. the hole for the maf was to small, and i had to trim down the plastic on the maf to get it to fit.but all is working well. hope this helps

I think you mean the IAT, since the engine is MAP based.
Link to Post - Back to Top 155.91.28.232

exodus
Nitrous User

« Reply #11 on Nov 17, 2006, 5:24pm »

Nov 17, 2006, 1:59pm, mtlswift wrote:
Nov 17, 2006, 12:28pm, shapinoweno wrote:and a hole for the ma sensor. the hole for the maf was to small, and i had to trim down the plastic on the maf to get it to fit.but all is working well. hope this helps

I think you mean the IAT, since the engine is MAP based.

You're smart.
Link to Post - Back to Top 69.168.52.141

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it."

kirbycope
Idle User

2007 Aveo Hatchback 1.6L

« Reply #12 on Nov 17, 2006, 7:35pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cold-Air ... oryZ38634Q QihZ010QQitemZ200046666305QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

So what you are saying is that can be easily modified to fit our cars?

AveoSam
Administrator

Rice Cooker
member is online

Rev-X

« Reply #13 on Nov 17, 2006, 8:23pm »

no did you even read......the thing he got was from spectre performance and its basically a universal elbow....but there is a Civic CAI intake system you can modify to fit but the only person who knows how to do that is......
Link to Post - Back to Top 64.12.116.130

CHECK OUT MY AVEO

kirbycope
Idle User

2007 Aveo Hatchback 1.6L

« Reply #14 on Nov 18, 2006, 10:25am »

Oh I read it. I know he got a universal elbow, but reply #9 talks about Civic 96-00. I know that a Civic intake works and just needs a simple cut to aim the intake correctly, my friend with a Daewoo Lanos did it. He also used a $4 rubber toilet pipe reducer from The Home Depot (we both worked there) to have it fit on the throttle body.

Author Topic: Weapon R (Read 230 times)
shapinoweno
Idle User

« Reply #15 on Nov 18, 2006, 2:15pm »

the intake tube for the civic i bought came with a coupler and a reducer, so it would fit the 3 in intake utube and the 2.5 in throtle body. the only thing you need to do to the civic intake tube is cut off about 3.5 to 4in from the length. it will fit perfect
Link to Post - Back to Top 38.99.84.34

kirbycope
Idle User

2007 Aveo Hatchback 1.6L

« Reply #16 on Nov 18, 2006, 5:58pm »

I assume you are talking about the $40 Auto Zone one you purchase and are not commenting on the fitting of a CAI for a Civic.