•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U0100 code help

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

U0100 code help

Hi guys, new here. Im working on my moms 07 Aveo, its throwing a U0100 code. Ive tried searching for threads on here but havent read anything on what has actually fixed these issues. Ive already replaced the ecm and tcm. Anyone else with this issue? If so what resolved it?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      It might be helpful if you posted the history of this vehicle. What else (if anything) is happening, in addition to the U0100? Was any recent work done before the code started? Was it ever hit, or had any water damage? Have you had the battery and alt tested, and checked all of their connectors and wires (grounds in particular)? You should reinstall the original factory parts before you do anything else, to eliminate the possibility of something related to the new computers sending you in the wrong direction.

Thanks
      Its like the trans just loses all input. If I clear the codes it will tun fine till 35 mph the it just drops out. After that I get no movement from the car until codes are cleared again.

Thanks
      By "drop out" do you mean engine (and everything electrical) shuts down, or is it just the tranny quitting and the engine revs up and stays running? I can't imagine clearing the codes with an OBD reader would "fix" the problem, so I'm guessing you're getting rid of the codes by disconnecting the battery?

Thanks
      No, I mean drop out as if it goes into neutral. I guess what I was asking if anyone else had the U0100 code causing the trans to stop working? I've seen a few posts about U0100, but no one has posted a resolution to the problem. I work in a prototype engine lab and have 15 years experience working in shops and I have used forums before for help on unfamiliar issues. So, if anyone has had this code and resolved it, what did you do to fix it? I've replaced the controllers for the engine and trans, my next step is wiring harness. Batt and alternator are good, I've tested those. I've exhausted any problem I can think of besides the harness itself. I'm thinking maybe the CAN connections between the ECU and TCU are broken some where.

Thanks
      Spending time on the forums, you know that the percentage of problems with a posted resolution is REALLY small. So much so that I'm generally surprised when someone actually does follow up with an outcome on a thread they started. Sometimes I think this one is worse than most, but IDK because I cruise a bunch of other lousy ones as well. So I'd be fairly surprised if anyone gave a resolution to something like a U0100, which certainly isn't typically going to be a quick and easy fix.

I'm wondering if the tranny is having some problem of its own, sending it into limp, and then for whatever reason can't send that info back to the ECU. Nothing but speculation there, but just curious if you tried driving it in 3 and L to see what happens with those.

Have you tried probing wires at the TCM connector? It looks like CAN high is purple at pin 17, and low is yellow at pin 7. If the TCM always shuts down around 35, maybe you could put it up on stands, put it into D, and monitor what those wires (and others) do as the speed goes up. Good luck in any case!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikebridson View Post
      No, I mean drop out as if it goes into neutral. I guess what I was asking if anyone else had the U0100 code causing the trans to stop working? I've seen a few posts about U0100, but no one has posted a resolution to the problem. I work in a prototype engine lab and have 15 years experience working in shops and I have used forums before for help on unfamiliar issues. So, if anyone has had this code and resolved it, what did you do to fix it? I've replaced the controllers for the engine and trans, my next step is wiring harness. Batt and alternator are good, I've tested those. I've exhausted any problem I can think of besides the harness itself. I'm thinking maybe the CAN connections between the ECU and TCU are broken some where.
      ??

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f108/...ping-up-16771/

Posted my nightmares with U0100 and the solution....

Thanks
      Mike,

Did you clean C101 under the coolant tank??

Thanks
      Gosh it pains me that you did not find my post on this, it sends so many Aveos to the crusher and it's one tiny connector to clean. You should find all the dirt in my post, it's something I try to forget LOL - PS: Both our cars run fantastic in the past 5+ months, so I know C101 is worth looking at if missed thusfar.
      Last edited by 06T200; 05-28-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks
      Hi 06T200 could you post a link to that fix article.
      Thank you.

levidoug/Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast