•  
    Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TurboTalk -1.6L 1st Gen w/ Intake Air Temperature & Manifold Ambient Pressure Control

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      Name:  2010_alignment_1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  273.2 KB
      The car has its great handling back again, finally after a lot of parts and whatnot. This is great news meaning that really its the exhaust and body work that need to be done next..

Other than that nothing new to report, well the odometer is past 150,000 miles recently. The exhaust is louder than normal but other than that the car is running great. I really think a whole pulley set would be a good idea too, they all just sound too squeaky what with all the road salt and that liquid stuff they use now that gets into everything.

Also the windshield is getting replaced - if I'm going this far may as well start with the usual stuff.

Thanks
      Apologies for taking .. um 21 days to post that pdf. I forgot. Anywhoo this what I would have thought to be 'small' change in the toe really took effect after about 1000 miles I wonder if the tires need to re-orient the treads or something, but it definitely feels great. It winter here, the sway bar isn't even connect yet, and the tires are .. decent, they will do.

Ok ok back to TurboTalk the walkie talkie or what knock

The turbo manifold picture in this thread - a re-design of this manifold by adding a piece in-between the 4 header and the intake of the turbo in order to decrease turbulent air-flow. Some motorcycles have 4 to 2 to 1 exhaust pipes on them, so its possible that I could save time by just getting 'one of these' second hand to start with. So that is one of the things being worked on.

Thanks
      Suprasalas1 did you ever get a hold of that hard-drive? Just wondering, what with all this time on my hands..

Thanks
      Just checking inn, its been awhile. When there is a surprise you'll know if anyone cares for this long, boring, story... For those that don't know in May I bought a sweet 2007 Chevy Aveo LT hatchie - see my new garage entry (and also a motorcycle.. Yamaha Virago 250 grocery runner that I ride like an R6). This cars motor I think has more modification from the year before than just the air conditioning. It has more power, stock, than my 2006 ever did, I swear. I don't know what GM did in one year to improve the e-tec ii motor but they did something... unless its all placebo. In any case it would be prudent to post pictures of the two motors from the exact same spot (working on it) so that we can all see the differences, remember I am a novice weekend mech at best, more a professional amateur driver so to speak.
      Well thats all I can say for now, this '07 - I changed to synthetic oil, thats about it for now, started flogging it as soon as I could, so that it gets used to its new driver
      Shop is still really raw, dirt floor, no insulation, 200A panel tho. It is my dream so like all I can say is I'm stubborn at what I love, and I love this story.Name:  IMG_0761.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  288.4 KB

Last edited by northguest47; 08-21-2020 at 01:46 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567