Thread: throttle cable

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      thanks for the updates

Thanks
      i dont know how but pulling it back a couple of notches does improve throttle responce...i tried it again today and moved it another half of a notch back and put the metal clip on and started her up...got normal idle but then i went to hit the gas and as soon as i touched the pedal, the engine started to rev...before it was about a half inch of pedal depression before the engine would rev and it didnt change much when i moved it back two notches but then i checked today and saw that the cable had moved back to the original spot because i didnt move the metal clip...well now i moved it back two 1/2 notches and put the clip on and i get instant response without higher idle.....dont ask me how but it does work...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      it gives slightly better response since it eliminates slack which takes time to become taught and begin pulling the throttle open. sort of like V-Brakes on a bicycle, if the the cables are loosey goosey you get bad brake response. It's minimal but it sort of does something. I did this along time ago when I first got the car since I did it to by brother's old Passat.

Thanks
      i should try this when it warms up, can you take pics of the parts? maybe do a how to! I looked and I think I know what you're talking about doing, but i want to make sure so I dont screw something up, which im known to do often

Thanks
      a how-to....lol maybe...you cant screw it up...have the engine on while you do it and pull the cable to the right as much as possibly without changing the idle revs

Thanks
      ah, well i tried it and the slack wouldnt go away, but maybe that's because i had to engine off, lol. See, I need a how-to!

Thanks
      ok, i went back out there and tried again, this time i think i got it but i cant test drive it because there's too much ice on the parking lot and i dont want to loose my good spot, lol, plus it's 15F out. Maybe i can drive it tomorrow and see if i did it right, but i think i did now

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      ah, well i tried it and the slack wouldnt go away, but maybe that's because i had to engine off, lol. See, I need a how-to!
      The engine doesn't have to be on, i guess if you want to be sure you dont pull it too tight and have the throttle open a bit but you should be able to notice that even with the engine off.

Thanks
      well i also realized i was pulling on the wrong side, lol. I think i figured it out and i think the reason why i couldnt figure it out before is i was in a hurry because of the cold. But i think i got now and i'll see how it runs tomorrow hopefully

dang thats cool, i have the e- throttle, so its rev response is programmed. with the cold air intake its a little more responsive, and rev matching is easier too, but stock i can be at idle, floor it and let off before the engine starts to rev... of course thats flooring it very, very fast and letting it off just as quick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast