•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Body Issues??

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Is the code P2135? If so then yes, I had that problem too. Fought it the life of the car and traded it in with that code. GM basically gave up and tried to blame my aftermarket alarm and refused anymore warranty work while the alarm was installed. Also replaced multilple sensors, door lock fell in door, back axel had a bad clunking noise, brake light switch went bad, plus a whole lot more i can't remember, trading that in was the best thing I did! That thing was in the shop or being repaired more than not.

What's wrong with my car? gone.c's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yep....that's the code! It sucks that GM gave up and blamed your alarm because it's clearly not the issue if the same thing is happening to me. I'm fairly convinced that this car would be served better in a scrap yard...and that's if they would even take it!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2007 Pontiac Wave with 75,000 Kms has bad throttle body plus very poor gas milage.

Hi folks,

I'm told that my throttle body is bad on my 2007 Pontiac Wave (automatic). The GM dealer said that if I don't get it fixed soon, that I would have to redo the spark plugs and plug wires again, that they just replaced on the day before for $450 (including a computer diagnostic scan).

Would a bad throttle body symptoms include very poor gas mileage - months before showing other symptoms such as sudden loss of power?

I wonder how acceptable it should be that an expensive part like the throttle body goes bad with less than 100,000 kms. (75,000 kms on my wave) They quoted me $400 for the part and $200 for labour + tax. Does that seem right? It's seem ridiculous that so many would have this problem. Perhaps a class action law suit should be filed?

Anyhow, any help/advice that you great folks give me, would be greatly appreciated.

For a more complete description, see my garage in my profile.

Thanks,
      GF

Thanks
      Lots of people have had issues with their throttle bodies. Unfortunately, nobody has taken the time to examine them and figure out what is going on with them.

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      ive had2 in the time ive owned mine now i just clean it every so often to make sure its in working order.

What's wrong with my car? gone.c's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost flyer View Post
      I wonder how acceptable it should be that an expensive part like the throttle body goes bad with less than 100,000 kms. (75,000 kms on my wave) They quoted me $400 for the part and $200 for labour + tax. Does that seem right? It's seem ridiculous that so many would have this problem. Perhaps a class action law suit should be filed?
      It's not acceptable! GM's technical service department knows it's a problem and doesn't care to fix it. My throttle body was replaced twice under warranty and I had to pay for it the 3rd time at 87,000 km when my warranty was expired. That was a $800 hit. I've lost all faith in GM products and will never own anything of theirs again after I get rid of this vehicle.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

throttle body should be a safety recall - class action law suit

I almost caused an accident after I pulled into an intersection when my Pontiac Wave lost power all of a sudden. I could have been hurt and so could have others. In my opinion, this is a clear and real hazard, and should be replaced under a safety recall bulletin. As for keeping it clean, how many other vehicle owners of other makes and models have this problem?

If you folks are interested in starting a class action suit, please let me know. If there are enough people, I'll look into getting a lawyer and start the ball rolling here, in Canada. If you are in another country, please don't let that stop you from taking part. Perhaps someone in your country will start this process there, too.

I've had it with GM not being accountable for their defective products and in this case, placing my family in danger. This most definitely should be a safety recall and I'm pretty confident that a judge will see it the same way.

Thanks,
      GF
      Last edited by ghost flyer; 11-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      What is going wrong with them? Ive only had recall work done on mine and at 211,000km have had no issues with the throttle body

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      what symptoms did you have when they said your Throttle body was bad?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I was having intermittent reduced power mode about once a week for close to 6 mos, any code I could get out of it pertained to tbody. Finally, got it to act up 3 days in a row and Baro was way off, trouble starting cold. It was fueling like it was at 9,000 feet.

Fortunately for me, tbody is still ok and I didn't need to replace it. We'll see what happens next year when the weather gets cold again thoName:  20130121-1916-1.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  56.4 KB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast