•  

Thread: Thermostat problems / coolant loss (?)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Thermostat problems / coolant loss (?)

My car is literally sucking all of coolant, i realized this 2 weeks, It has never done this before. My neighbor told me it might be a radiator problem rather then a thermostat problem, do you think this is possible and is it safe to drive until it gets fixed?

---

I am recently having a similar problem, my thermostat is not working, do yo think I should get my water pump checked could this be the problem? Cheers.

Thanks
      My car is long over 60,000 miles, I have never got a problem with my thermostat until now, would I need to get tuned up as well to make sure everything is running smoothly or would a simple maintenance check be enough? Cheers.

Thanks
      I am recently having a lot of problems with my car, it was not purchased too long ago however, it was used. I was not paying much attention to the car when it was bought now I have a lot of problems with it and have no idea on how to solve it. If the problem is not the thermostat being sealed in properly and it is the water pump would replacing the gasket solve the problem? If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks
      Can you please tell me where you purchased your aluminum thermostat housing?
      I want to purchase an aluminum one to prevent rust.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you should post a thread asking a question of your own, instead of bumping a bunch of threads that are not really related.

unless your planning to add a spam message in your signature before logging off.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17 View Post
      if its an 07 then im guessing you have a warranty which means you should bring her in. ur thermostat may be stuck. my guess.
      I do not have a warranty, and I do not really want to waste money on getting a checkup to see what the problem is. I want to be able to understand the problem first, and go ahead and get it fixed after I have get an idea on what the problem can be. If the thermostat is not stuck could there be any other similar problems?

Thanks
      You know what, I don't know if your the Admin of not, you seem to have a little signature on the bottom but I'm not a big fan of computers, I barely use the internet or forums for that matter. I have been having problems with my car, I searched about it over the internet decided to make an account and ask questions. So, if you think that I am trying to "spam" your website, you can go ahead and deactivate my account the same way you activated it. People need help, they want to ask questions and get answers and you decide to criticize me or make an assumption on something I have no intention of doing. Also, If i was planing on adding a spam message in my signature before logging off, I would not be writing this comment to you. So, how about you take a little bit of advice from me the same way I took from you about making a new thread. Try to do your job, and keep your comments and criticism to a minimum. I understand the fact that it may be your job or what ever the case is, I understand that your trying to keep this website up and running with out any unwanted comments or signatures etc but, you do need to understand the fact that people came to your website for a reason, to ask questions, to get help. If you have a problem with this, then maybe you should not be an Admin. CHEERS!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      And you have seven posted in unrelated topics with scattered information regarding your issue.

if you put all the symptoms and recent issues in one post, in it own topic so people can follow what other advice you have been given it will lead to a resolution a lot faster than reading 6 unrelated threads with different symptoms in each one and different replies / suggestions to get lost in the posts.

spam posts come like this often, a few posts stuck in to seem related but are not then a link or signature gets added to them later.. i'm not the mod or admin here, but i would be glad to help you fix your car if i can read one post with all the details.

Thanks
      Houston, I think we have a forum etiquette problem.

ecenur: rabbit is right. It would have been better if you hadn't peppered the forum with the same question in multiple threads. It makes it harder for people to help you. Also, it does follow a pattern that spammers often use, which is why rabbit questioned your motives.

I don't think you're a spammer, but it crossed my mind at first as well.

I've combined all your posts into this single thread.

If you want, feel free to edit the first post in this thread to clarify the problem you're having with your car. Maybe you'll get some help/advice.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Now that i have all of your posts in front of me, it seems coolant loss is the primary problem. NOT overheating?

I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are, so i'll start simple, you already said your taking it in.

How much or how fast are you losing coolant?

Is there a puddle under the car? Does it form under that radiator or the engine? if its under the engine it could be the water pump, or head gasket, or heater lines etc.. depending on other factors like do the belts look wet? is the block wet? any pockets in the casting filled with coolant?

If there is no puddle under the car, does the exhaust puff smoke on start up?

Is the passenger floor wet, interior smelling musty, or strange coating on the windshield?

Is the oil still oil? if it is mixing with coolant it will smell, look funny and can be sort of frothy..