•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger Swap Possible?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I kind of have to agree with AveoSS on this one, there's no way that Aveo can push 850hp but even if it did, you won't drive a car like that very much, I mean, not with all that rubber being burned off. You would need new tires every time you take it out of your driveway...

My good friends at Top Gear tested a car that could be comparable to that Aveo.

Anybody ever seen this vid? http://youtube.com/watch?v=_H5TR97cX3s, if you havent, it was a VW Golf that had an ultimate upgrade, with a rear axle from a Lambo Gallardo, a W12 engine from a Bently Conti' and the rear frame from an Audi R8... Producing a 650hp VW hatchback... The car was widened 6", lowered 3" and it was turned into a RWD. If you haven't, watch it, but pay particular attention at around 3:20, you'll see why an Aveo like that would be an amazing show car, but not a drivable car... The VW has just 650, and it's RWD, the Aveo has "850" and it's still a FWD, you see where I'm going with this right?

To handle 850hp and still drive, you need at least 4WD and TC, that's why you see so many suped up Subaru's. Japanese cars pushing those numbers work too, only cause they are much longer and much lower to the ground than the Aveo and are RWD with TC.

My point is, those Aveo guys are lying bastards who are just trying to exaggerate how good Mobil 1 can lubricate engines like "if it can lube this 850hp Aveo, it can lube your POS". I bet that thing only does about 250-350 seeing how it looks like it's still basically the same engine, and how it's still in a sideway placement (FWD), that Scion xB feature might be more likely, but again probably not "1100hp" like they say, but it is a RWD, since it's facing forward, probably gets about 6-700hp...

That blonde bimbo is a nice touch though, even if she's too stupid to know WTF she's talking about, go suck some more D ho.

"If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      I am surprised it can even take that much. I have never seen a M62 make over 300 without nitrous or turbo
      If you have a FULLY BUILT (All internals, cams, camshafts, ported head ect) engine with a PORTED (A pretty good size port) blower. And then full exhaust and crap your looking at right around 350-380whp. MAYBE. With turbos on the LSJ you can get to 450whp pretty easy.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL. that an LSJ with the M62 has 850+hp....ill put a million bucks on it.

And extreme...The fully built drag cars that are ecotec are the 2.2L engines with twin turbos.

There is ONE lsj in the works with a twin turbo FULLY BUILT RWD car that is going to push about 750-800whp....so i KNOW that that aveo isnt pushin that much HP

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      I kind of have to agree with AveoSS on this one, there's no way that Aveo can push 850hp but even if it did, you won't drive a car like that very much, I mean, not with all that rubber being burned off. You would need new tires every time you take it out of your driveway...

My good friends at Top Gear tested a car that could be comparable to that Aveo.

Anybody ever seen this vid? http://youtube.com/watch?v=_H5TR97cX3s, if you havent, it was a VW Golf that had an ultimate upgrade, with a rear axle from a Lambo Gallardo, a W12 engine from a Bently Conti' and the rear frame from an Audi R8... Producing a 650hp VW hatchback... The car was widened 6", lowered 3" and it was turned into a RWD. If you haven't, watch it, but pay particular attention at around 3:20, you'll see why an Aveo like that would be an amazing show car, but not a drivable car... The VW has just 650, and it's RWD, the Aveo has "850" and it's still a FWD, you see where I'm going with this right?

To handle 850hp and still drive, you need at least 4WD and TC, that's why you see so many suped up Subaru's. Japanese cars pushing those numbers work too, only cause they are much longer and much lower to the ground than the Aveo and are RWD with TC.

My point is, those Aveo guys are lying bastards who are just trying to exaggerate how good Mobil 1 can lubricate engines like "if it can lube this 850hp Aveo, it can lube your POS". I bet that thing only does about 250-350 seeing how it looks like it's still basically the same engine, and how it's still in a sideway placement (FWD), that Scion xB feature might be more likely, but again probably not "1100hp" like they say, but it is a RWD, since it's facing forward, probably gets about 6-700hp...

That blonde bimbo is a nice touch though, even if she's too stupid to know WTF she's talking about, go suck some more D ho.
      the reason it comes out backwards is because of the weight in the rear not because of power

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      I am surprised it can even take that much. I have never seen a M62 make over 300 without nitrous or turbo
      If you have a FULLY BUILT (All internals, cams, camshafts, ported head ect) engine with a PORTED (A pretty good size port) blower. And then full exhaust and crap your looking at right around 350-380whp. MAYBE. With turbos on the LSJ you can get to 450whp pretty easy.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL. that an LSJ with the M62 has 850+hp....ill put a million bucks on it.

And extreme...The fully built drag cars that are ecotec are the 2.2L engines with twin turbos.

There is ONE lsj in the works with a twin turbo FULLY BUILT RWD car that is going to push about 750-800whp....so i KNOW that that aveo isnt pushin that much HP
      Saw a show on discovery about a year ago, where Jay Leno says GM performance division can actually get the ecotech to about 1000hp (at crank). I would like to know what the setup was all about.

But that reminds me. Ford had a 2.3L engine pushing 650hp for their rally cars back in the 80's. The only problem was that it had a lifetime of about 30 hours before being rebuilt.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Nope, the drag cars are 2.0L. They used the 2.2 block and de stroked the motor for higher revs.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sappy96

Nope, the drag cars are 2.0L. They used the 2.2 block and de stroked the motor for higher revs.
      its still the LE5 not the LSJ. /end

CarDomain

Thanks
      Yea I know it's the 2.2L, but still, to say that a Cobalt motor can't handle that is a fallacy...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sappy96

its still the LE5 not the LSJ. /end
      Actually its just a block. Soo its neither.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xtreme 2
      Yea I know it's the 2.2L, but still, to say that a Cobalt motor can't handle that is a fallacy...
      The LSJ with an M62 supercharger CANNOT produce those numbers.

CarDomain

Thanks
      no one said that it had to use the M62 charger...

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast