•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supercharger

Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      looks like it'd be real easy to slap one of those on an Aveo.
      Actually no. there is no room to mount it on the pass side where the belt is. it would have to have a drive shaft made to move the pulley and mount the SC on the drivers side

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Actually, its would be possible, maybe? to mount the turbo in the open space where the intake sits, since you have to reroute the intake for the turbo anyways?

Bet if I got some diagrams and specifications I could design it in CAD or something and design mounting brackets and pulleys.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      hmm you could squeeze it in there and possible a small filter or just run a CAI pipe right down that hole

Thanks
      take out the stock air box, drop in the turbo and run a CAI, sounds feasible.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      its a supercharger....i checked it out and there is just enough room if you can figure out how to run the belt...given you arent goin to run an intercooler

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      its a supercharger....i checked it out and there is just enough room if you can figure out how to run the belt...given you arent goin to run an intercooler
      it might be possible to relocate the battery and run a side mount intercooler where that used to be.

An intercooler would be counter productive, however, unless you were running some serious boost, which means changing the fuel mapping and ignition timing.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      I would design a G.O.A.T. style CAI, a filter in a canister and a air scoop in the fenderwell. In fact....hmmm, I know someone that could make pulleys to make this work as well....

Who wants to pony up the $$$ and we will get this project started. The first collaborative club project.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234