•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharger

Supercharger

Has anyone thought or have done installed a supercharger, Im getting info. from a few freinds that it might be a good idea to go supercharger instead of turbo.. Whats your thoughts and if anyone has done it what are the spec's and parts...

Thinking about going the supercharger route though I've done the complete research for utilizing the turbo.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      The hardest thing you are going to run into is finding a supercharger that will fit. There isn't one readily available for our engine that I'm aware of.

Good luck on that, I'd love to see pics when you finish.

Im talking with a guy at Vortech name is Brian and his saying that they used to produce a kit that would bolt to a Focus, and since the motor and trany mount the same direction and the unibelt is on the same side that the V5G or the V5S would work for the application.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      theoretically all you would need to do is rig up a mounting system (could be tedious so that the pulley is in just the right position), and find the right size belt. then rework the intake.

Then of course come the gremlins.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      what kind of output are we talking, enough to get forged internals? SPECS MAN!

Im being told 50-60 hp for the V5G?! not sure... and 100-150 hp for the V5S, again not sure... I sent there tech the info. that they faxed to me. Basiclly its a questaire for asking for my spec's and in the next 2-3 days I'll know everything we need to know.

Thanks
      damn, thatd be great, keep us posted.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      i dont know why people think this is something new...i believe there is a post on the old forum about a supercharger....there has already be one fitted to a Lanos engine and it should also bolt onto our engine

Thanks
      new to me, if its a bolt on sign me up, if the gains are near that of a turbo and i don't have to do as much work as a turbo.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      new to me, if its a bolt on sign me up, if the gains are near that of a turbo and i don't have to do as much work as a turbo.
      personally i dont think the gains will be close to a supercharger....
      for one the engine already makes little power so why rob some of that power....secondly people are going to bring up turbo lag but superchargers do have lag too considering the boost is built up with the rpms of the engine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast