•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Push Start Button

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Push Start Button

Has anybody looked into something like this? I am sure its been at least looked into, if not already done. If so, let me know how simple, cheap or expensive it was to have done. Here are some that you can just put in place of the ciggarette lighter. http://www.autotoyaz.com/enstpubu.html

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT
      2007 Schwinn Sport LX 150

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Push Start Button

I had a push button start on my jetta... function over form, the ignition switch was shotty. Easy to hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylibby
      Has anybody looked into something like this? I am sure its been at least looked into, if not already done. If so, let me know how simple, cheap or expensive it was to have done. Here are some that you can just put in place of the ciggarette lighter. http://www.autotoyaz.com/enstpubu.html
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      It has a "cool" factor to say you have a start button but it will quickly wear off when it becomes a pain in the ass.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I have push PEDAL ignition on my car right now... (don't ask, I F*#$ed up wiring in my alarm and now I turn the starter pressing the clutch all the way in.)

But seriously, I am building into my dash remodel a spot for a push button ignition. I wanted one in my previous car, even bought a kit...but it got stolen along with a bunch of other parts I had (locked 'em in the trunk, thinking it'd be safe.) *Yes, I live near a bad neighborhood, too many illegals.

I'll post pics in the morning in my progress thread.

Thanks
      What kind of steps do I need to take to Install it? For someone with absolutly no experience in this kind of stuff.... If I cant just put it where my Cig lighter is I would like to put in place of "button" to the left of the hazards. Also, what kind of supplies would I need?
      2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT
      2007 Schwinn Sport LX 150

Thanks
      We had a push-button start in Daniel's Datsun 280ZX after the wiring from the key to the ignition burnt out. What we did was installed a Momentary Switch in the dash, ran one side to the battery and the other side to the starter (took off the small wire and put ours in place). You still have to turn the Key to Accessory for this to work, but it keeps you from having to turn the key to crank.

If you want to completely bypass the key, just hook the momentary up how I said, then have an on-off toggle switch that goes from the battery and taps into the Accessory wire. It is the simplest way to do it, and works very well for novice use...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      I know this post is a month old but I went searching around in my old magazines and found a factory install switch. Its the one for the Ford Mustang GT.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/pa ... Field=9873

I think what some of the cheaper products lack is a proper relay to take the load of power. A switch will normally not take the whole load, thats why they burn wires or burn out the switch. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know there are reliable switches out there. Even though it took me a month to find the article. I hope to install this once my car comes off warranty...

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xtreme 2
      We had a push-button start in Daniel's Datsun 280ZX after the wiring from the key to the ignition burnt out. What we did was installed a Momentary Switch in the dash, ran one side to the battery and the other side to the starter (took off the small wire and put ours in place). You still have to turn the Key to Accessory for this to work, but it keeps you from having to turn the key to crank.

If you want to completely bypass the key, just hook the momentary up how I said, then have an on-off toggle switch that goes from the battery and taps into the Accessory wire. It is the simplest way to do it, and works very well for novice use...
      Until you find out that you need an immobilizer bypass because the car won't stay started for more than 5 seconds, if it even starts. That is if you have the stock alarm on the car, if not you're good to go.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      Factory alarm is always the first thing to go...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      It has a "cool" factor to say you have a start button but it will quickly wear off when it becomes a pain in the ass.
      I started to think on the whole getting tired of the "cool" factor. You could simply tap into the stock ignition switch and run both the key or the button. It would still have the cool factor without being a pain. We could have two choices to start the car. This also clears up the whole problem with the alarm systems since you go to the ignition switch which is part of the stock wiring and you arent being intrusive into the cars other wiring.

Use the key when no one else is around and when you have that hot date in the car with you or another Aveo owner, use the button...lol

I dont know guys, just trying to get some ideas out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast