•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polishing the Intake Manifold

Polishing the Intake Manifold

I was thinking of ways to increase flow in the engine.

I already polished the intake side of the throttle body - easy to get at. How about polishing the intake manifold - (I think that is what it is called). I'm talking about the large assembly just downstream from the throttle body. Has anyone tried that on a 1.6 or comparable? Is this possible?

The assembly looks like it has a black plastic exterior. Is it all plastic?

- W

yep you got it all plastic, thats why the people that have gone as far as you have only port matched and polished the exhaust manifold

the daewoo lanos had metal intake manifold and i belive the will fit perfect in the aveo, that one would be easier to port

Take a look at something I found my accident. This is sales training for Chevy salesman. Note what it says about a manifold runner:

http://www.aveotraining.com/Power/

OK. So is there a performance exhaust manifold available?

OK - on the plastic intake manifold - if there is a way to make plastic slipperier - that might bring some performance. Maybe coating the plastic intake with "Klasse" might work?

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html?gcl ... PwodhTX5zw

- W

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I'm not sure if I would sacrifice the VGIS for a polished intake

Frank,

You would not replace the stock intake - just "polish" it. Make it slicker.

- w

Quote Originally Posted by BurntGreen
      the daewoo lanos had metal intake manifold and i belive the will fit perfect in the aveo, that one would be easier to port
      the lanos intake manifold doesnt bolt up to the aveo head, but the daewoo head fits up perfect to the aveo block so you would have to swap the whole top end. its all in the threads you just have to read a lot. basically you would only need to do this if you were planning on boosting past 7 or so psi

How can I get a hold of a diagram/schematic for the 1.6 engine ? Is this online anywhere?

- w

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN
      i know this is off subject but i was lookin at the performance charts on that site and i noticed something interesting. our cars have the least amount of hp with 103 in its class but it has the most amount of torque which is 107 ft/lbs. just thought id put it out there. theres lots of other lil tidbits there about how our cars rate in its class. ok ill be quiet now.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      http://chevy.mrmax.dp.ua/EN/document...art_kalos.html here is the service manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast