•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Performance Upgrade Coming...I need research opinions.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Performance Upgrade Coming...I need research opinions.

I am proposing a new "Boost" option for the Aveo and even though I can't/won't go into detail yet, I have some general questions to ask you all.

This is WORTH the read, so read all of it!!

If you were offered a boosted option to your car for under $2500, which was complete and added approximately 60whp, would that be something you'd do?

Would you prefer that this option install easily, or that it was more thorough (even if that adds some installation difficulty)?

If you had the choice, would you want a "boost" system to be Flashy, Don't care about aesthetics, or sleeper "stealth" look?

If you had a choice of finishes, would you prefer Body Color matched painted, primed finish (paint yourself), aluminum, Carbon Fiber (true CF, though it may be more expensive), a black "carbon fiber" 'glass (cosmetically identical without the price markup), the "designer" Carbon/Kevlar colored weaves, or just a flat/matte black?

On an intake design, would you prefer Ram air, Cold Air, GOAT intake (scoops air into the airfilter, similar to a Ram/Cold Air hybrid), Short Ram airbox, OEM look airbox, or a combination of these options?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      ok where to begin... id do it but honestly id like to be round the $1000 mark (yea like somthin this good would be cheap!) having said that id probably want it
      - a mix between flashy and stealth mode
      - id go shiny aluminuim or body colour
      - i like the cold air style however never looked into goat intake

having said all that if i paid that amount of coin on "boost" id want ppl to say OMFG *cream*

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      $1000 would barely cover the cost of a good supercharger... sorry bro...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      It would be something I was interested if I was not on a lease. However as the buy out on my car is so low I would consider saving for one so they day the lease ends I could roll on into a garage and start work on it.

Easy install would be a bonus as it could be done by most anyone, hopefully saving money on labor. I won't shy away from working on a car if I know it is something within what I can do. Although I would rather have someone else install it if it means that the quality of the kit is worth the difference.

I would prefer a flat/matte black . I don't need it to be pretty as long as it works well and doesn't look like someone took a **** under the hood of my car. As long as it is built well and works, I'll be happy.

A short cold air would be my intake of choice. One that sits just inside the inner fender with enough clearence to work and not risk pushing the filter off or for it to be used as a straw.

The price, under 2500 is fine with me. A complete kit for that price is a deal in my books. An item like this one is higher up on my list of things I be willing to spend some coin on for my car.

Ryan
      Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      if you cant take a joke, dont be one.
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      ah yes... the ricer scale.
      1 ricer = 3 vin diesel
      1 vin diesel = 2 paul walker
      4 paul walker = 1hp

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      $1000 would barely cover the cost of a good supercharger... sorry bro...
      yea i kno but hey you can always try

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      We can do that price if we used an eBay Supercharger, but no guarantees on it lasting...

But trust me, we won't be looking for much profit on this, and we are going to try to keep this as simple and cheap as possible...

Most supercharger kits out there (bolt on) are in the $4500 range, but as a dealer, i can confidently tell you that I can get them for $1600 my cost, which means they are even cheaper to make...

We shall see what we can do...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: Performance Upgrade Coming...I need research opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      I am proposing a new "Boost" option for the Aveo and even though I can't/won't go into detail yet, I have some general questions to ask you all.

This is WORTH the read, so read all of it!!

If you were offered a boosted option to your car for under $2500, which was complete and added approximately 60whp, would that be something you'd do?

Would you prefer that this option install easily, or that it was more thorough (even if that adds some installation difficulty)?

If you had the choice, would you want a "boost" system to be Flashy, Don't care about aesthetics, or sleeper "stealth" look?

If you had a choice of finishes, would you prefer Body Color matched painted, primed finish (paint yourself), aluminum, Carbon Fiber (true CF, though it may be more expensive), a black "carbon fiber" 'glass (cosmetically identical without the price markup), the "designer" Carbon/Kevlar colored weaves, or just a flat/matte black?

On an intake design, would you prefer Ram air, Cold Air, GOAT intake (scoops air into the airfilter, similar to a Ram/Cold Air hybrid), Short Ram airbox, OEM look airbox, or a combination of these options?
      something i would do - yes
      install - Thorough
      cosmetically - plain = cheap = good
      finish - carbon fiber
      intake - stick a filter on the turbo and git r done
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      so my question for whiteraven and xtreme is, should i start savin my pennies now???

here is my opinion on this:

if its easy to install-big plus!
      i prefer a sleeper look-call me old fashioned lol
      dont care what color/finish/material it is as long as it holds up and does the job for extended periods of time.
      and i would like to stick to SRI. as the CAI seems to be too risky as some of us have learned *cough*Khan*cough*
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      so my question for whiteraven and xtreme is, should i start savin my pennies now???

here is my opinion on this:

if its easy to install-big plus!
      i prefer a sleeper look-call me old fashioned lol
      dont care what color/finish/material it is as long as it holds up and does the job for extended periods of time.
      and i would like to stick to SRI. as the CAI seems to be too risky as some of us have learned *cough*Khan*cough*
      lol you bastard haha

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      I would definetly go for the sleeper look.....i perfer function over form...

as for choice of finishes.....are you talking about the pipes? if you are, id perfer them to be flat black..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast