computerkiller
hey anyone have any ideas where i could get new connecting rods and engine barrings and pistons and etc to maybe rebuild a aveo for performance that can be built to run a turbo at 20 psi boost?

andrewsvt03
they can all be custom made, there are a few posts regarding who and where. it really doesnt cost that much either, but 20 psi is alot of boost to run, there is no way the aveo clutch will handle 20psi, and there isnt a stronger replacement right now. you should get the turbo system running and then once you want more power do stronger pistons/rods, along with a custom clutch/pressure plate. what this car really needs right now to be alot more fun to drive is a lighter flywheel.

AveoSam
wrong....there are aftermarket clutches, flywheels and internals.....there is already a thread in the drivetrain section about clutches and pm precisionboost for info on flywheels...internals can be found on http://www.importperformanceparts.net/ ....search under opel and performance engine kit (scroll to number#6).....clutches and flywheels are not car specific people, they are specific to the drivetrain (engine/tranny) and this drivetrain isnt new

AveoSam
yea i know this guy hasnt been on in forever so my guess is this thread is dead, but i figured i correct the wrong info so people dont get confused

precisionboost
I'm confused about what is considered "wrong info"..... C16XE aftermarket rods can be found in multiple locations..... I'm not really forthcoming with supplier info.... perhaps I should.....even though it's taken me hundreds of hours to compile and sort.