•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P340 and P2135, Curious what does this mean?

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks

P340 and P2135, Curious what does this mean?

The motor seems to be running fine, the air compressor pulley is getting loud like a friction thing, it quiets down if defrost or air conditioning is not used.

Is this something to do with the firing of the motor? Btw haven't done any research on this yet, I just getting 'around to it'.

Because it doesn't seem like a big deal, I cleared them, and they showed upon again one time, then I cleared them and now they haven't so its probably not a big deal, but then again its a nice car/motor, at least now it is.

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks

Thanks
      What about P0340?

Thats whats in the note.. code 340 and code 2135. Ok I will see if I can do it again and take a picture of it.
      Last edited by northguest47; 12-02-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
      It just keeps throwing the same codes, but I have to take a picture so you trust me. Point being the car went into limp mode the other day this week. I think it is a vacuum hose or something, because it only happens in the moist mornings its like the motor is hesitant, and then in the afternoons it seems to be fine. Anyways I have my old Sparky so I 'could' swap the throttle bodies. My old car never threw this 2135 code. It has 160 thousand miles. The new car only has 80 thousand miles, and a new water pump and timing belt
      Last edited by northguest47; 07-09-2022 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks
      Say it was a typo, like P0440 and P0455 and P2135 and theres one more. I forgot it. I'll do it again.
      Last edited by northguest47; 07-09-2022 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks
      no it is in fact P0340, shall I take a picture of the Scan Gauge II? Umm .. Eg.h2o code 340 does at least appear on a Scan Gauge II digital display along with P2135. I flog the motor all day with this car. I clear the codes.. they show up again. The car runs fine.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by northguest47 View Post
      no it is in fact P0340, shall I take a picture of the Scan Gauge II? Umm .. Eg.h2o code 340 does at least appear on a Scan Gauge II digital display along with P2135. I flog the motor all day with this car. I clear the codes.. they show up again. The car runs fine.
      PO340 = I had the same thing. Camshaft position sensor. Just change the little thingy and should be all good.

P2135 - According to my book, Accelarator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch A/B- voltage correlation

or

Throttle position (TP) sensor/switch A/B - voltage correlation

Possible cause: Wiring, APP sensor/switch

Thanks
      back on the forum today... so its been two years of flogging the 'ol E-TEC II and now finally some more observations:

-P0340 came up like maybe 2 times, so really rare.. might have to do with the flogging and high rpms (cam shaft sensor)
      -P2135 is now constant and corresponds with high idle and sometimes like the motor doesn't idle down (throttle body likely)

This just started three days ago, and here's the weirdest f'n part... the car has more power as this issue is happening, like more power than it has ever had, and the throttle is super touchy as we know as Aveo owners the fly by wire throttle lags about half a second behind the motor.

Last poster mentioned the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch which I had never read about before. So thats the other sensor. So theres two sensors and if their voltage differs by more than 5% or whatever it is, the code is thrown, and I think it will go into limp mode eventually if I keep driving it.

So Occams razor start with the simple stuff - gonna clean out the throttle body with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush, and clean the throttle body sensor, and take 'er for a rip. I'll see if I can find the accelerator pedal switch, but thats an interesting take I've never considered.

Work in progress....
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by northguest47 View Post
      back on the forum today... so its been two years of flogging the 'ol E-TEC II and now finally some more observations:

-P0340 came up like maybe 2 times, so really rare.. might have to do with the flogging and high rpms (cam shaft sensor)
      -P2135 is now constant and corresponds with high idle and sometimes like the motor doesn't idle down (throttle body likely)

This just started three days ago, and here's the weirdest f'n part... the car has more power as this issue is happening, like more power than it has ever had, and the throttle is super touchy as we know as Aveo owners the fly by wire throttle lags about half a second behind the motor.

Last poster mentioned the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch which I had never read about before. So thats the other sensor. So theres two sensors and if their voltage differs by more than 5% or whatever it is, the code is thrown, and I think it will go into limp mode eventually if I keep driving it.

So Occams razor start with the simple stuff - gonna clean out the throttle body with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush, and clean the throttle body sensor, and take 'er for a rip. I'll see if I can find the accelerator pedal switch, but thats an interesting take I've never considered.
      The accelerator pedal switch basically is the pedal assembly that bolts to the firewall. They go out occasionally and the easy fix is replacement.

Thanks
      Thanks guitardoc64 - good to know about that. Well I cleaned out the throttle body and re-installed the temp and pressure connections, and the problem seems to be gone. There was a little bit of off coloured spray off when I was cleaning, but really not much at all. I don't know if maybe I cleaned some area the sensor needs, or just repeated opening and closing the gate and using a toothbrush and a rag. Well, I will have to see if comes back... I had started wondering about a plugged cat or pcv valve.. so until the next code...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to northguest47 For This Useful Post:

guitardoc64 (03-19-2024)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast