•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No pedal response

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

No pedal response

Hello,
      I have a 2009 Aveo 180k miles. I Drove my son to school one morning the following night when I started my car it idled fine but when I shifted to drive no gas pedal or fuel guage. The following day I had p2123, p2127, and p0463. I bought a new pedal installed it codes wouldn't clear. Unplugged the battery for 12 hours codes still came back.
      The live data show circuit d at 99.2 idle and 99.6 with pedal pressed circuit E remains at 0. I checked both grey wires one was .4v the other .2v
      Now it's been 2 weeks I can deal with the fuel guage reading empty I just need help getting this thing to drive again please!

Last edited by SOM3randomDUDE; 12-03-2021 at 11:40 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I had a similar problem with my 2009 Aveo one day, no throttle response, poor driveability, and various codes. With the help of my scan tool, I was almost certain that my problem was a defective throttle position sensor in the throttle body. But after googling around, i found some people suggesting a grounding problem might also cause the symptoms. I noticed the wiring harness ground connection next to the underhood ECM looked a little corroded. It was actually so corroded, it snapped when i tried to unbolt it. I cleaned it up, rebolted it down, cleared the codes, and the problem hasn't returned in over 2 years. I suggest you might also want to check your wiring harness Grounding Connection right next to your underhood ECM. Worth a try.

Deano

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      What he said^^^

it'll probably fix the fuel gauge problem too.

Thanks
      Awesome thanks guys!
      The bolt snapped when I took it out, so after I drill that out I will report back.

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      Look around for other ground points too.

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      Results are?

Thanks
      I cleaned and reconnected that ground to the same results. But when I tested the grounds at the pedal they were bad.
      I made jumpers and now circuit d works like it should and circuit E still reads 0 idle and pedal pressed.
      The pedal does rev the engine now so I tried to test drive it and it is very sluggish I thought I would be run off the road.
      Unsure what my next step is now.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Just wondering about a couple of things:

1) Can you explain what you mean when you say that the "grounds at the pedal they are bad"? Unless I am mistaken, there isn't a local ground connection of the accelerator pedal to the vehicle chassis at/near the accelerator pedal. So are you referring to the accelerator pedal wiring harness ground wire?

2) The Fuel Gauge. Is the Fuel Gauge operating any better now? Or still showing empty?

3) I still believe the problems you are experiencing were caused or related to a grounding problem of one of the wiring harness-to-chassis grounding connections, most likely under the hood, at the ECM or near the Starter. But prior to cleaning the ground connection near the ECM, the accelerator pedal was replaced, Therefore, I am wondering if there's a Re-Learn procedure that must be done for the new accelerator pedal? My Service Manual doesn't explicitly say one way or another if a Re-Learn is necessary for the new accelerator pedal. If you run out of options, you might want to consider re-installing the original pedal and see if that makes any difference, especially since the ground connection near the ECM has been cleaned-up.

Any additional comments you can provide will help us better understand the situation.

Deano

Thanks
      Sorry,
      Yes the ground wires in the harness at the pedal were bad, I tested them from the ECM connector to the pedal and it showed open circuit, I tested them from the pedal to x205 inside the firewall and that half was good.i ran a jumper from the pedal to a kick panel bolt under the dash and the grounds are good now at the pedal. Circuit d looks to operate as it should on my scan tool and circuit E stays at 0 no matter the pedal position.
      The fuel guage continues to show empty but the low fuel light is not on.

Thanks
      Sorry guys I work 3rd shift so I only have an hour or 2 before I take my kids to school and go to sleep then another hour or two before work to work on it.
      I used a wire brush on the ground under the ECM, I can try a rotary tool tomorrow and see if I can't clean it any better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast