•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Aveo ECU hacking journey has begun

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      FYI - For those of us with the first gen Aveo's, this info should apply, with the exception of the 04/05 MY I have yet to confirm they use the same platform:

So the chip in the lower left with 'AM29bl....' is our flash memory, according to the datasheet for it this is the 8MB chip. The larger chip with 'TriCore' is the main MCU/CPU - and is quite a capable little chip for an econo-box. This is TOP shelf stuff in the EMS world! The 'Delphi' chip with a 466 on it is most likely the memory management/watchdog chip. (only speculation at this point on the Delphi chip) The others are just voltage regulators/filters, some DC motor driver(s), injector drivers, and other ancillary stuff we need.

FWIW: there are open source tools, and an RTOS 'OS' available that has been ported to the tricore 32-bit. see www.hightec-rt.com for the scoop. The GCC tool-chain is Eclipse ready and slaps right in. So make note, the entire chain of tools is available in the open source flavors to individuals for learning or reworking your own rig.

For some background: Operating Systems - Infineon Technologies

I am a technician, trying to replace an ecu on 2008 Aveo, the old ecu has mark on it as KN, MT34 and this car is manual transmission.

i got a used ecu from the junk yard place it on the car, performed online sps to it, now got tech2 perform 2 key relearn function, cycle the key 3 times after the 10 minutes count down reached, but I got failed programming message on the tech2,

but it when I check the key diagnosis, I have key status ID 1 learned in the immobilizer, I checked the second key and it was also learned but the ECU is in UNLEARN status... pls how can I learn this ecu so that the status can appear learned ...

i have performer 30 minutes relearned but did not still work, the ecu is still in the UNlearned status,

11 minutes on and then 10 seconds off, 3 times but ecu won't go into learn status in the immobilizer.. I need idea how to go about this... or is there a chip to transfer from the damaged ecu to the used one I got..

rememver the damage ecu starts alright with the ecu being in Learned status but the throttle side is not functional, as you press the pedal but the junk yard one has the throttle working as you press the pedal you see the to reading

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      More info on the TC1775

Ignition Algorithm/app notes document
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/19gnj1n98l...23610.pdf?dl=0

Injection Algorithm/app notes docuement
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/squt87oj9h...23710.pdf?dl=0

Link to the IAN (interactive application notes) and example source code for the above ignition and injection algorithms as implemented in the TC1775
      http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/TC1775_...1344b7a5cf02e8

Anything new on this project?

Thanks
      I don't have much wisdom to help, I am assuming you made sure you have 13+ volts at the ECM during the relearn?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim2029 View Post
      Anything new on this project?
      No. Infineon/Delphi stonewalled any effort to obtain technical data. I gave up on hiring an engineer due to lack of interest. Project is shelved for now.

Thanks
      Update: Project had a setback a few months ago due to some bizarre bad luck.

For years I always left my car unlocked at home as we live off the beaten path, some apparent kids cleaned out my car one night back in April, took the change in the ashtray and my ultraguage, my OBD telematics logger, and the laptop I was using for logging data with a graphing app. We found the ashtray just a few yards from the driveway, but nothing else. Blew my mind since aside from the laptop nothing was really flashy (my cobbled boxes and cables tucked in the glovebox) but they grabbed everything cables and all. I have much of my notes, just lost some info I can gather again. and some tools I was still using!

Since the initial vision for my project hit some frustrating barriers ( intellectual property crap) I kind of scrapped the OE rework, and am currently researching piggyback options. Hopefully will spring into a new Aveo project. Looks promising , well makes sense in theory and Jack from Dastek/Unichip seems confident I can figure out the sub mapping differential tables for timing curve and a power enrichment curve to play with. All new to me, but about the only low buck option to have the drivability I am after, and not drop $2,000 into aftermarket/stand alone EMS. If all pans out with the wiring nightmare of a piggyback, I may have a good foundation to add a small hairdryer under the hood of my LS. One of these days!

Thanks
      hi mate i have this ECU too i would see u can help step by step able unlock read the Used & old ECU to change VIN and get security pin codes thanks
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
      www.hightec-rt.com looking good this software

Thanks
      Sorry, I don't have much to add that would simplify the process to that level. Are you an EE? If you work in the EE field and have the interest, you may want to track down Robert Kearney, he is the lead engineer that worked for Delphi/GMDAT during the creation of the PCM design and development for the engine management in most Aveo's (at least in the states). He was very helpful to me, and shared many key information to help discover the logic platform. Today he still works for Infineon, and he is very sharp.

FWIW: I do recall specifically he was able to confirm the CPU architecture for the MR140 modules are based on the Motorolla 68000, and the later (06-08+) MT34 is based on the Tricore TC1775 as I have shared the tech info above. I will leave it at that, for now. Good luck on your project!

edc
      Thanks
      Hi! Do you have soft for download and upload ECU firmware?

Race car race car
      Thanks
      I’m wondering if this is useful when it comes to adding a turbo, if you are able to adjust the air and fuel map in a way to tune it, or if I would still have to go with a piggy back or standalone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast