•  

Thread: minor transmission fluid leaks

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

minor transmission fluid leaks

During a routine oil change a few weeks ago, the mechanic identified minor transmission fluid leaks from the axle seals and pan gasket. My 2008 Aveo5 LS only has 83k miles, so I assumed some of the repair cost would be covered under warranty. The technician informed me the in-service date for my car was August 2007, about 80 days past the warranty period.

Honestly, I don't believe the technician about the in-service date. I bought the car used in June 2009 with only 26k miles, having a clean record with one previous owner in a fleet. It's hard to believe the car was only driven 26k miles in 18 months as part of a fleet.

Where can I find the in-service date for my car? If the car is actually out-of-warranty by only a few months, will GM/Chevrolet provide any kind of prorated post-warranty service, given the low mileage and proximity to the warranty expiration date?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gorthog View Post
      During a routine oil change a few weeks ago, the mechanic identified minor transmission fluid leaks from the axle seals and pan gasket. My 2008 Aveo5 LS only has 83k miles, so I assumed some of the repair cost would be covered under warranty. The technician informed me the in-service date for my car was August 2007, about 80 days past the warranty period.

Honestly, I don't believe the technician about the in-service date. I bought the car used in June 2009 with only 26k miles, having a clean record with one previous owner in a fleet. It's hard to believe the car was only driven 26k miles in 18 months as part of a fleet.

Where can I find the in-service date for my car? If the car is actually out-of-warranty by only a few months, will GM/Chevrolet provide any kind of prorated post-warranty service, given the low mileage and proximity to the warranty expiration date?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      gorthog, Sorry to hear you're having these issues with your Aveo and understand your frustrations. If you would like to private message me the last 8-digits of your VIN, first and last name, and a contact number, I would be glad to look into this and provide current Warranty coverage information. I can also check to see if there are any open recalls or special coverages currently that may be related to the issues you're experiencing.

I look forward to your reply.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html