•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M33 EVL URGENT HELP NEEDED!! turbo/engine/gearbox fix/swap/ideas HELP PLEASE!

What do you mean there's no turbo? M33EVL's Avatar
      Thanks
      i found a load of conversion guides on ebay for like 99p for the c20xe in to a corsa b, if im not mistaken the same engine but without the turbo.
      i think even if he could do the vxr swap fro the same price id go with the c20let as there seems to be alot more add ons on the market from what ive noticed i could be wrong, and theres a heeeep load of forums with writeups on what people have done to their c20let's..

hmm anywhoo, well i just found articles on moding the c20let and the mpg isnt so bad aparrently found loads of threads with other people who have used them... they all quote around th 27-28mpg mark on average city driving and when thrashed and driven harshly anything between 15-20mpg.

so i think im gona have a look at the forums.. see what ever else i can dig up specs upgrades and info wise.. im even thinking to rebuild the entire engine or buy a fully rebuilt engine and gearbox and add some nice goodies on it..

well when i have the money by the end of june/july il have a proper think then about it all...

for now its going to be deciding if i send it to him or i go about it myself and save £800 which could be spent on more goodies..

only thing is... in that 800 he said hed do the auto to manual conversion.. which is a biiiiig thing for me.. unless there is a write up anywhere on how to do it but instead of hooking an aveo gearbox a f28 to go with the c20let. i dont know if that would be a universal thing that applies to any car as id be swapping out the entire engine anyway.. but i guess i have to do some more research on that now.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      honestly, unless you have the experience, E800 (not finding the lbs uk sign, but @ $1700-1800 us without finding current for actual) is not bad for labor. Even in the US a conversion of this type would cost more than double that for labor.

price out what it is worth to you. since that includes the extra of a manual conversion (not too much on top of what he is doing) it is probably worth it. Since you are still new to it, it would be better to start with a clean conversion and add from there, instead of spending the extra money on gremlins.

Thanks
      ye i think your 100% ryt in wht u said.
      even if it ends up costing me £1000 labour.. it will be everything sorted and done by someone who knows what hes doing..

this engine swaps got me thinking tho... ive been considering re-making my entire bumpers from strictly fiberglass or even just carbon fibr along with my bonnet, boot and doors to lighten the car.. but i think that would be a project far down the line.. i want this one finished first and then maybe next year il consider that kinda jump lol..

Thanks
      Backon the topic of the engine conversion....
      Currenlty running a 1.4 manula. Very light engine mods.

Considering a engine conversion... But my cars done just over 32,000 miles on the clock... Thats nothing....

Do i wait and pack in some more mileage before i go for the swap or just mod the hell out of the current motor...

Ideally i want a rwd car with a 200bhp bench mark... So if i didnt convert my kalos to that i would buy a car that has that to offer... Which would already cost that...
      Hrengineering offer a rwd conversion for about 2-3k depending on some other stuff.
      and alos the engine conversion for about another 2k including suspension setp and so on.. They offer all thearts apart from the gearbox and engine. So they provide the suspension and so on within that cost. Looking at it that way the suspension setup alone ive considered was around a few hundred anyway. But the issue is i dont know what they would be offering to put in... For now i think engine, suspension and brakes will be done last. My priority is body work and car structure.

Very very confused now... New car already set up from stock as it should be.... Or give M33EVL the rwd and engine i want... And not get a new car and re-mod another car....

I think the last statement just settled it.... It seems more logical to just do M33EVL i think.... But not yet... more research and a cheaper solution is needed... Because 5-6k spent on just that seems a bit much...

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      which engine and tranny set do you get for that?

i am converting my rabbit to rwd using miata, supra, and vw parts. Money isn't my concern with that build, and I am doing it all myself. But is have almost 8000 in the engine and its still in pieces. I will have over 1000 in the raw miata parts with will need much work to be to my standard, and that doesn't include an addition $1000 to convert to torsen lsd. The supra tranny and acme tdi conversion to mate my 16v to the rwd driveline will be another 600-800 and then i get into hours of fabrication, building custom wiring harness, customizing suspension and interior. etc.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  205.3 KB

Thanks
      thats without an engine or tranny or ecu... only suspension parts and everyhing else for the rwd conversion and engine mounts ect.

i just have to pay for engine and ecu looms and tranny.. the rest the make and provide.

still a bit pricey tho...

so that is almost pretty much the same cost as yours.. judging by what you've just said cost wise..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345