•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M33 EVL URGENT HELP NEEDED!! turbo/engine/gearbox fix/swap/ideas HELP PLEASE!

What do you mean there's no turbo? M33EVL's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i barely skimmed this, but either swap in a manual as stated, i could tell you more about what you need if you are going to look yourself..

OR this would be fun if i lived in the uk.. i would take the car to hrengineering i remember it was something like 5-6000 pounds for the conversion.. would be the same to do in an aveo as a mk1..
      £5-6000 that does indeed look like fun lol.. but right now my pockets aint that deep

ye that soundss suppper, id b ever so grateful if you could let me knw, basically the more the better, because im reading all sorts of comments on other posts and forums, some say its not worth even converting to manual cos of cost, and its near enough impossibl, and what not really putting me off...

basically my auto tranys totaly gone.. im not trying to make a super car or anything but i want a respectable 200bhp as my benchmark.. because the cars light so 200bhp will be nice umpf!

as i only have a baby 1.4 do you think in your learned and more experienced opinion to swap out the aveo motor and trany in order to try and bolt up a c20let or a stock 2ltr turbo with its matching manual gearbox would be better? and how realistic and possible is this?

or shall i keep the aveo motor and convert it to manual and just turbo it, upgrade internals, change pistons compression and tweak it abit here and there alongside port and polish every thing i can to achieve the 200bhp?
      because just upgrading the stock aveo seems like less trouble.. but will the engine and gearbox handle the boost as im going to be using this as a daily car.. i dont fancy breaking down every other day, or something snapping because it cant handle the power.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      200 is ALOT to ask from a 1.4 even from a 1.6. complete engine swaps are the easiest way to gain power BUT, its not always as simple as a day or 2 of simple wiring. doing a complete engine and tranny swap, their are many things to consider. length and size of cv shafts (axles). if the sizes are different from stock, then you have to find or have custom shafts made, then you also need steering knuckles and wheel bearings that will fit your car and utilize new shafts. Larger engines will utilize different air/fuel ratio maps, which are predetermined in the ecm (computer). An ecm swap or finding someone that can reprogram the stock ecm will need to be done, in addition to changing the exhaust header for the new engine, then you will need an air/fuel ratio sensor (before catalytic converter O2 sensor) and a new O2 sensor (after catalytic conver) that will communicate with a reprogrammed ecm or new ecm. Now, their is a post of someone on here that built stroked engine, I think it was xiagory. he has ALOT of posts, he even sells performance parts. His stroked engine build, I believe was a 1.4. after he built the block and reworked the head, (ALOT of engine work) he dynoed somewhere around 144.9bhp

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      200 is ALOT to ask from a 1.4 even from a 1.6. complete engine swaps are the easiest way to gain power BUT, its not always as simple as a day or 2 of simple wiring. doing a complete engine and tranny swap, their are many things to consider. length and size of cv shafts (axles). if the sizes are different from stock, then you have to find or have custom shafts made, then you also need steering knuckles and wheel bearings that will fit your car and utilize new shafts. Larger engines will utilize different air/fuel ratio maps, which are predetermined in the ecm (computer). An ecm swap or finding someone that can reprogram the stock ecm will need to be done, in addition to changing the exhaust header for the new engine, then you will need an air/fuel ratio sensor (before catalytic converter O2 sensor) and a new O2 sensor (after catalytic conver) that will communicate with a reprogrammed ecm or new ecm. Now, their is a post of someone on here that built stroked engine, I think it was xiagory. he has ALOT of posts, he even sells performance parts. His stroked engine build, I believe was a 1.4. after he built the block and reworked the head, (ALOT of engine work) he dynoed somewhere around 144.9bhp
      the more i seem to be reading and finding out the more im starting to dislike my car
      whyyy is this all so difffiicuulltt!! urgh!
      i think im just going to swap my auto to a manual no matter how hard it is.. and then just play with the 1.4 put about another £2000 under the bonnet and call it a day.. that should be enough for a daily driver.. and then start saving for a proper car to do up that can b my dos of adrenaline when i need it...
      so dissapointed wanted this car to be everything all in one... yet its just causing so many headaches.. urgh!..
      soon as petrified.rabbit gets back to me about parts i need for the auto - manual swap im gona get it done n dusted asap and just deal with what ever i can churn out of the 1.4 sighh.. :'( today is a very emotional day lol

Thanks
      depending on how much you can do yourself, another route you can look into would be forged pistons, something along the lines of a cometic head gasket with ARP head studs, a mild port and polish job on the head, then you could utilize a basic 50 to 75 shot nitrous set up and be able to get by for a while. 200bhp is a good goal, but honestly, adding 30+hp, to your car, will make a huge difference. 30 doesnt sound like alot, but when your around 100 hp stock, adding 30, a 30% increase, is ALOT.

Thanks
      I just sent you a friend request on cardomain

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      depending on how much you can do yourself, another route you can look into would be forged pistons, something along the lines of a cometic head gasket with ARP head studs, a mild port and polish job on the head, then you could utilize a basic 50 to 75 shot nitrous set up and be able to get by for a while. 200bhp is a good goal, but honestly, adding 30+hp, to your car, will make a huge difference. 30 doesnt sound like alot, but when your around 100 hp stock, adding 30, a 30% increase, is ALOT.
      think i might do what you said... hmpf accepted ya sorry for the lateness i barly go on there its just randomly il go on there lol.. thanks tho

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      The 1.4l engine was rated to have around 80hp I think so 30hp gain would be closer to 40% increase wouldn't it?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by reddemonx92 View Post
      The 1.4l engine was rated to have around 80hp I think so 30hp gain would be closer to 40% increase wouldn't it?
      not really bothered so long as i hit min 150bhp or pref 200bhp

1.4 auto daewoo kalos sx:
      Engine Size 1399 cc
      Cylinders 4
      0-60 mph 11.5 s
      Power Output 93 bhp
      Valves 16
      Torque 130 Nm 96 lb-ft
      Top Speed 106 mph

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I don't see the 93 HP because some people got their 1.6 dynoed and didn't reach the HP that gm states

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Write everything in paper, how to fix it with with the different option/cost and and than write another colum for the option of buying another vehicle.
      U got to remenber also the amount of labor and time+headaches u may run into with the rebuild/replacement/swap.
      Also if this ur only car u need to figure out how long it will be down for the repair and how u going to get around while that is going on. If u need to rent a vehicle thats going to be another expense.
      Than once everything is in paper in front of u, make a decision. U just may be better off buying another car, than u can work on this one with time and patiance, get it done right without rushing and once it is done, keep it or sell it.

Last edited by AveoSS; 10-30-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast