precisionboost
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/album_p ... pic_id=228
This is a great engine.... it's heavily "de-tuned" in it's current state.
Keep in mind the Euro 1.6L has higher compression at 10.5:1 but that means that the Aveo engine should be capable of roughly 135hp with a remap of the ECU's fuel and ignition maps.

kirbycope
tell me how and i'll do it

AdamHatchBack
I am also interested in this "retune" you speak of. I have access to a tech II aswell if that can help my situation any...

Brian5475E
1st you need 10.5:1 pistons, then you need a bigger cam profile, then your gonna need to figure out how to hack the delphi ecm to retune it to get that 150 HP

precisionboost
Personally.... I wouldn't bother with hacking the delphi system.... I'd simply install a piggyback like the perfect power SMT6 and do all the changes on a dyno tuning session.
The point of the article was to say that the internals should be decent enough to handle 150hp without any sort of reliability problems.
As such I imagine that 170hp is not that far of a stretch away from "completely reliable"
Any time you modify an engine for more power it allways results in a shortening of life..... but that could simply mean that the engine only makes it to 120,000 miles instead of 150,000 miles before problems start showing up.

precisionboost
Oh.... the Delphi system has been cracked by a few of the UK companies... but only for the 2.0L turbo..... Z20LET..... courtney and regal both have ECU upgrades.
I don't know if Delphi 1.6L ECU upgrades will become available.....most guys looking for power stick with the 2.0L engines.... so it's hard to say if there is a market for such a product.

Brian5475E
They don't use Delphi in the UK, they use the bosch setup

precisionboost
There are many setups.... and I'm really confused now.
Here is a picture of the newer ECU from the Astra Turbo ( not sure... Could be the newer Z20LEH or Z20LEL or Z20LER )
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/album_p ... ic_id=2231
Notice a similarity to our ECU??? Such as the connectors????
For the most part I found the Z20LET with the Bosch M1.5.5 ..... but there is evidence of alternate ECU's as well.
From what I gather.... all the Bosch systems use a MAF based input and the alternate ECU's use MAP based inputs
Hmmm... this is an interesting listing...
Opel Astra F (4) 1.4 16V Delco
Opel Astra F (4) 1.6 16V Delco
Opel Vectra B 1.4 16V Delco
Opel Vectra B 1.6 16V Delco
Opel Astra G 1.2 16V Bosch M1.5.5
Opel Corsa B 1.0 12V Bosch M1.5.5
Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V Bosch M1.5.5
Opel Corsa C 1.0 12V Bosch M1.5.5
Opel Corsa C 1.2 16V Bosch M1.5.5
Opel Astra F (4) 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Astra F (4) 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Astra G 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Astra G 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Omega B 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Vectra B 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Vectra B 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Vectra C 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Vectra C 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Zafira 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Zafira 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec90
Opel Astra F (4) 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Astra F (4) 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Astra G 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Astra G 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Omega B 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Vectra B 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Vectra B 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Vectra C 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Vectra C 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Zafira 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Zafira 2.0 16V Siemens Simtec70
Opel Astra F (4) 1.7 16V DTI Delco Y17DT
Opel Corsa B 1.7 16V Delco Y17DT
Opel Zafira 1.7 16V Delco Y17DT
Opel Coupe Turbo --- ME1.5.5
Opel Astra F (4) 1.7 16V DTI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Astra F (4) 2.0 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Astra F (4) 2.2 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Astra G 1.7 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Astra G 2.0 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Frontera 2.2 DTI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Vectra B 1.7 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Vectra B 2.0 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Vectra C 2.0 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Vectra C 2.0 16V DTI Bosch EDC15M
Opel Zafira 2.0 16V DI Bosch EDC15M
Hmmmmmm....... this is a cool link....has all the different engines and engine management systems....
http://www.kuhne.nl/automotive/html/ref ... C_Link.pdf
If you go down to Opel and Astra,Zafira,Speedster it shows the Z22SE and Z20LET as simply EOBD..... it doesn't list it as a Bosch system.
It looks like all the Chevrolet vehicles are also classified simply as EOBD.... so it makes me think that the Z22SE and Z20LET may have come with an american system such as the Delphi ECU at some point.
It also has info on the Daewoo ECU's and motors which is interesting..... too bad the list is a few years old.
I also found this little bit of info on the VXR....
" The New Astra Turbo, including the VXR, is fitted with the latest generation of the Vauxhall turbo charged engine, derived from the Z20LET power unit. Three petrol turbocharged engines are used in the Astra 5 model range. The Turbo Sports Hatch is fitted with the Z20LEL (170PS) engine, the 5 Door model has Z20LER (200PS) engine and the Flagship VXR uses the Z20LEH (240PS) engine. The power units are equipped with one of GM's latest and most advanced engine management Systems, Bosch 7.6.1 "
All in all..... I'm not too sure about what system was in which car..... but I'm sure I remember some UK forum talk about Delphi ECU's in the newest turbo cars.
Considering Delphi is "bankrupt" perhaps there was just a limited amount of Vauxhall vehicles with a Delphi system over a short time before they converted back to other systems such as Bosch or Siemens.
I dunno.... confusing.... but I'm pretty sure the KWP2000 is capable of remapping the Delphi ECU.... it's just a matter of knowing how to manipulate and create valid maps.

precisionboost
I was a little confused but after doing some research..... Delco = Delphi...... basicly GM owned Delco and merged it with a bunch of other companies..... then they split it off an made Delco into Delphi Automotive systems..... which then split off GM in 1999 to become it's own separate company.... and Delphi still used the Delco name up until 2004.
Basicly anywhere you see Delco... you can associate it with Delphi..... and the GM Multec seems to be part of the Delco/Delphi family from what I gather.
So.... it looks like the X16XE in the Opels was also run by the same system used in the Lanos which was the Delco/Delphi system.

AveoSam
props for the research

precisionboost
Thanks.... research is fairly easy since I know all the engine codes and Euro/UK Opel/Vauxhall vehicles.
I have lots of ECU stuff.... most of it very dry.... I thought this was a cool link because it showed all the different engine codes along with the management system.